HTC desire 6275 black screen with white linesSupport

Last Updated:

1. badblackram06

badblackram06 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Last night i was on the Ebay app on my desire i finished looking at some items i sold then i sat it down to let it charge. a few minutes later i got a text or email so i push the power button on top and this is what i saw.. Sorry for the quality.

[​IMG]

I have no idea what has caused this. I left the battery out over night and it still does it. I can still hear notifications and what not just cant see anything. The phone is less than a month old. I have never dropped it or anything. Its flawless, not a scratch on it. It seems like every time i get a new phone something odd like this happens to it. I also have been hearing alot of android phones have been causing ppl problems. I believe i can get it fixed through warranty. Has anyone have a clue what caused this? is it a hardware or software issue? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. dinaro

dinaro Well-Known Member

Wow that looks like the case of "The Ring" going on there. Never seen that before. You might have a lemon. I suggest taking it back even if it starts to work again.

badblackram06 likes this.
  3. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

Have you noticed the screen feeling "loose" or anything recently? What happens when you plug into your computer? Does it bootup normally? (White background with HTC Logo?) And then go to that static screen?

4. MDesire2010

Side note - Do you have carpets in your home....? Static Shock build up maybe....?

badblackram06 likes this.
  5. badblackram06

badblackram06 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I do have carpet. Thats not good if it was the cause.. I got it replaced and had the old one sent off for warranty. Maybe this one will make it longer than a month.

6. MDesire2010

Yeah. That's good you got it replaced. Honestly I'm not sure what can cause that. Maybe one of the more educated users on here might have an idea. I've seen static shocks wreck monitors so I can see it effecting a phone, but I'm not sure. I doubt it's software related.....maybe lose circuit inside?

I'd like to know what it is though if you ever hear back from the repair depot!

7. mahi_1977

mahi_1977 Member

I have the exact same issue, also a brand new Desire, never dropped, just started today. F**king week, HTC, I've been telling all my colleagues,who have iphones without any exceptions, what suckers they are lining the pockets of Steve Jobs. As it turns out......

8. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

hmmm, this is a new one. it will not be static thats causing this.
    its interesting that these are band new handsets, maybe there is a dodgy batch
    we already know they have changed the nand manufacturer in some of the new pvt-4 handhelds.
    it wouldnt surprise me if this is a dodgy batch

9. mahi_1977

mahi_1977 Member

Just got back from the place I bought it. They're claiming that it's pressure damage caused by me an not covered by warranty. It doesn't have a scratch, wtf? They say that it's probably happened when I had the phone in my pocket, because of applied pressure. So this phone is to sensitive to have in the pocket? Where else is it supposed to go then? They want me to pay 150 euros for them to repair this brand new phone.....W T F????

Where are you guys located? They replaced yours, I don't know what to do. I live in Sweden

10. androidtony

androidtony New Member

Hi,
    exactly the same as my desire. Then, after a day or two, the screen just went black and stays black.
    Did the shop confirm if it was the screen or the motherboard that was at fault?
    I did have mine in my pocket so could well be the case of bending it slightly.

I think my phone still works as I can answer a call (touchscreen and vibration works) but as I don't have a screen I can't check anything else.

11. Kibbster

Kibbster Well-Known Member

I think we all carry our phones in our pockets (not back pocket obviously hehe)
    I would have assumed that if it was pressure damage you'd have heard the phone creak or crack at some point with too much pressure?
    You could try contacting HTC directly, maybe they'll be more sympathetic than the company you bought it from?

12. cloudwoods

cloudwoods New Member

this shit happen to my phone over night win i was a sleep and i did have it in my packet your around me my phone was 2 mouths old but how we fix it

13. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

call HTC and get it warranty repaired. if you dont have a crack and its not water damaged then they cannot claim its through you