• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC desire 6275 black screen with white lines

Last night i was on the Ebay app on my desire i finished looking at some items i sold then i sat it down to let it charge. a few minutes later i got a text or email so i push the power button on top and this is what i saw.. Sorry for the quality.

101_0247.jpg

I have no idea what has caused this. I left the battery out over night and it still does it. I can still hear notifications and what not just cant see anything. The phone is less than a month old. I have never dropped it or anything. Its flawless, not a scratch on it. It seems like every time i get a new phone something odd like this happens to it. I also have been hearing alot of android phones have been causing ppl problems. I believe i can get it fixed through warranty. Has anyone have a clue what caused this? is it a hardware or software issue? Thanks

Yeah. That's good you got it replaced. Honestly I'm not sure what can cause that. Maybe one of the more educated users on here might have an idea. I've seen static shocks wreck monitors so I can see it effecting a phone, but I'm not sure. I doubt it's software related.....maybe lose circuit inside?

I'd like to know what it is though if you ever hear back from the repair depot!

Upvote 0
hmmm, this is a new one. it will not be static thats causing this.
its interesting that these are band new handsets, maybe there is a dodgy batch
we already know they have changed the nand manufacturer in some of the new pvt-4 handhelds.
it wouldnt surprise me if this is a dodgy batch

Upvote 0
Just got back from the place I bought it. They're claiming that it's pressure damage caused by me an not covered by warranty. It doesn't have a scratch, wtf? They say that it's probably happened when I had the phone in my pocket, because of applied pressure. So this phone is to sensitive to have in the pocket? Where else is it supposed to go then? They want me to pay 150 euros for them to repair this brand new phone.....W T F????

Where are you guys located? They replaced yours, I don't know what to do. I live in Sweden

Upvote 0
Hi,
exactly the same as my desire. Then, after a day or two, the screen just went black and stays black.
Did the shop confirm if it was the screen or the motherboard that was at fault?
I did have mine in my pocket so could well be the case of bending it slightly.

I think my phone still works as I can answer a call (touchscreen and vibration works) but as I don't have a screen I can't check anything else.

Upvote 0
Just got back from the place I bought it. They're claiming that it's pressure damage caused by me an not covered by warranty. It doesn't have a scratch, wtf? They say that it's probably happened when I had the phone in my pocket, because of applied pressure. So this phone is to sensitive to have in the pocket? Where else is it supposed to go then? They want me to pay 150 euros for them to repair this brand new phone.....W T F????

Where are you guys located? They replaced yours, I don't know what to do. I live in Sweden

I think we all carry our phones in our pockets (not back pocket obviously hehe)
I would have assumed that if it was pressure damage you'd have heard the phone creak or crack at some point with too much pressure?
You could try contacting HTC directly, maybe they'll be more sympathetic than the company you bought it from?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones