• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc desire amoled version got black screen when s-lcd was built in. how to fix it ?

kruno555

Lurker
Aug 20, 2011
I broke my htc desire's amoled display and bought a new s-lcd display (didnt know that was a problem then) and when the new s-lcd display was built in i got a black screen while phone is still working 100% i can even use the touch screen blindly to answer a call and things like that. I tryed things like running a new RUU or OTA so it could be compatible with the s-lcd screen but it didnt work.Im realy out of idea so i could realy use some helpfull advices.

The digitizer (the touch-screen bit) is the front glass, and is separate from the display.
I don't know if you will have done any damage - just because the rest of the phone works doesn't mean the display driver isn't cooked - but the only way to stand a chance of it working is to try an AMOLED screen, the SLCD one needs a different motherboard.

Wether you want to shell out for another screen for a phone that may be dead is up to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones