1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HTC desire and a Macbook - Please Help

1. liamnash

liamnash New Member

Hello people,

I thought maybe some of you experts on here could help this poor htc desire newbie.

I'm trying to hook it up with a macbook. So I've managed via 3rd party stuff to synch some stuff, and also my calendar via ical to google calendar to the one on my phone.(done via wifi and bluetooth) This is all fine.

What I can't seem to do is move music or any larger files, principally because when I plug in the usb from my phone to my macbook, it just charges it rather than doing anything more interesting like mounting the feckin drive or opening a dialogue box and asking me what I want to do. The phone is equally unimpressed with my mac.

I've tried, switching the settings: connect to PC: to Disk Drive (for that matter I have tried HTC synch and Internet Sharing as well).

I tried an application called PdaNet (which is tethering I think but even that would be a form of progress) and it simply says Phone not Attached when it tries to connect.

All I want is to see my phone as an icon on my macbook. Can the lead be faulty or what? Or am I just gonna have to buy a damn iphone.

Thanks in advance. Liam.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

As long as you connect it as a disk drive, it should mount.

You do not need any third party software or drivers to do it.

The lead could be faulty, try using a different micro-USB cable if you have one.
    liamnash likes this.
  3. liamnash

liamnash New Member

thanks for quick response. gonna have to go and buy a new cable.

there is no specific mount button is there?
  4. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

No, I can mount mine to a Mac just by connecting it and changing the connection type to "Disk Drive".
    liamnash likes this.
  5. liamnash

liamnash New Member

gotya. almost definitely a cable issue then.

Thanks. I'll post on monday how I get on. I'm hoping this resolves itself as otherwise the phone is very good.
  6. croyde

croyde Well-Known Member

When you connect to your Mac there should be a pull down menu with a number of options including mount as disk drive.
  7. liamnash

liamnash New Member

pull down from where.

notifications?
  8. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

The taskbar at the top of the screen.