• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire and Exchange ActiveSync

cjp123

Lurker
Apr 16, 2010
I have configured this to push and its working fine in terms of sending and recieving emails. The main problem I have is that it loses sync with the exchange account. If I delete from the device it sometimes does not remove them from my outlook and viceversa.

Has anyone else got this phone connected to an exchange 2003 server SP2 ?

Also has anyone managed to get any other folders to sync other than the inbox ?

Thanks

Yes all checked. It's working its just sometimes I will read all my emails and delete some of them and when I log into exchage at work not all changes have sync back as I may have some unread or some that I had deleted still showing etc.

I can't get the phone to sync my sent folder either is this working on yours ?

Upvote 0
I'm having a bit of an issue with my Active Sync as well but slightly different. I set up my mail to sync with my 07 Exchange server and at first it worked perfectly. All my mail was pushed in real time and synced with my exchange account.

Now, without changing any settings whatsoever the mail option has decided that it no longer wants to sync, and I wont receive any email on my Desire unless I manually refresh when I open up my mail app.

Has anyone else experienced this or know a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have been having trouble with PUSH settings. Sync for MS Exchange is never real time on my phone even though I have specified the frequency to As mail arrive (Push) for both peak and off peak.

The mail account gets synced when I sync it manually without any problem. I have deleted the account and created new one a couple of times, as suggested in other posts, but no good.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Ravi

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have been having trouble with PUSH settings. Sync for MS Exchange is never real time on my phone even though I have specified the frequency to As mail arrive (Push) for both peak and off peak.

The mail account gets synced when I sync it manually without any problem. I have deleted the account and created new one a couple of times, as suggested in other posts, but no good.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Ravi
Same here but if I got a mail in spamfolder it's realtime, don't understand why?

Upvote 0
Yes all checked. It's working its just sometimes I will read all my emails and delete some of them and when I log into exchage at work not all changes have sync back as I may have some unread or some that I had deleted still showing etc.

I can't get the phone to sync my sent folder either is this working on yours ?

I have al my maps but they don't sync automatically. If i open a map or sent items the sync starts.

Upvote 0
I gave up on the htc app and downloaded Touchdown which is loads better. What I didn't like was that when you configure the activesync settings, if your server has security settings enabled, the phone forces you to set a pin code and I liked the graphical unlock. The main rewason though was that i have sub folders in my contacts and the htc client would not sync them.

Reactions: Vip8888
Upvote 0
I contacted HTC and they suggested a reset to factory reset, which I did and now I cant set up my Exchange account at all !!!!!
I wonder if you're having a similar issue to me?
I have found that I could only set up and connect to my exchange account via the APN (Telstra). When I tried to configure the server initially via wifi it refused to connect, but worked flawlessly over 3G or HSDPA.
Now that it's configured I have to turn wifi off if I want to sync which is very annoying as I prefer to have it sync automatically (push). If I attempt to sync over wifi I get the message "Error when doing SSL."
Has anyone else come across this and does anyone know a fix?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I've got an HTC Desire, and I'm having some trouble when synchronizing my contacts. I set up my gmail as my exchange account, and as my google account during the initial set up.

At that time I hadn't updated my gmail contacts at all, so they were pretty random and useless.
I corrected my entire contacts list on my phone, and all was well.

Until I got some problems with my datanetwork connection, and tried resetting the Desire to manufacturers settings. My entire contacts list got screwed up again, because apparently the phone hadn't changed the contacts on the exchange account, even though I had made sure to set them all up as exchange contacts.

Now I've updated my contacts in my gmail through my computer, and they're all just fine there. But now my phone won't synchronize them! At thjs moment I don't have any access to a Wifi, so I'm using the datanetwork. The e-mail synchronizes just fine, but the contacts simply won't. It says there's a problem establishing contact to an extern ressource, whatever that means...

Any ideas how to fix this?

Upvote 0
I managed to set up Exchange Active sync to my workmail. It worked ok with the android email client with push, but after having shut down my phone and started up again, the email client was again only connected tomy Gmail account. I could not get the exchange mail to work again, I tried manual sync with my work mail account, it sync'ed but I do not know where the mails went. I have now installed TouchDown. Easy to install and configure, sync of mail, contacts and calendar works as it should, and it works after shut down and restart. So I guess I shall stay with TouchDown, even though is isn't free.
And thanks for all the knowledge shared here!!
Regards Ebbe

Upvote 0
I have the HTC legend and had some of the same issues when it came to automatic sync. I had set the "Schedule" to "As Items Arrive" but I had to still do manual sync. Fixed by Checking the "Auto Sync" option in Accounts & Sync to ON. It doesnt make sense but this seems to over-ride the "As Items Arrive" Option for the Exchange account. At least on my phone. But this means you have to set other apps to the correct sync frequency that you want (gmail/facebook/weather etc)

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I also had a ActiveSync account configured. Even though I checked the option to push my mail, it only worked manualy.

Indeed, the solution was to check in the 'General settings > Synchronisation' the 'Automatic data synchronisation'. No need voor Application sync for ActiveSync btw.
(I have a Dutch phone so I don't know exactly what the menu's are called in the English version.)

I tested it, and now it works fine.

Cheers Chris

(edit: I still have a delay in the Sync, anyone a clue?)

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem.

If i leave home and go out of wireless coverage, or simply switch my wireless off, the phone does not fall back to EDGE/HSUPA. Going into settings and unticking/ticking mobile network has no effect.

I have to switch the phone off and on in order for it to use a HSUPA/EDGE connection again, but then I find my exchange mail no longer syncs.

The first time this happened I deleted the exchange account and re-created.

The second time (this morning) I went into the settings, typed in an incorrect password, saved, (error stating unable to connect) and then changed the password back to the correct one. That seemed to work, however this is quite annoying as I use wireless daily at home. I can't keep doing this. :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones