HTC Desire Announced, One-Mic Nexus With Sense

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

The most surprising of the HTC announcements today was the announcement of the HTC Desire, formerly codenamed the HTC Bravo. We got a leak last night suggesting this would happen and indeed it did. The idea that the Desire would be an HTC-Sensed-Up version of the Nexus One was pretty darn accurate with a [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. carthesis

carthesis Well-Known Member

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Definitely what the Nexus One should have been. I hope this is the HTC that VZW said was coming to them. If so, I know a whole lot of people I've told to hold off on the N1 that'll love this device! AND... HTC said they can price this phone under the N1!

4. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

single mic... which means the Nexus One still rules!!! :D

I do like the Desire though... the revised Sense UI looks pretty good... perhaps someone over on XDA will soon release a ROM for it for the Nexus

5. kyle1745

kyle1745 Well-Known Member

Damn Verizon needs this...

6. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

The Nexus One should have had a single-mic is what you're saying? You don't like the whole "noise cancellation" aspect of the phone?

7. funkdroid

funkdroid Member

Yeah I read about the HTC Desire over at TechRadar. The Desire is supposed to be cheaper than the N1. I love the fact the Desire has proper physical buttons too. Hopefully it won't have the screen calibration issue thingy going on with the N1.

8. anotherfandroid

anotherfandroid Banned

naaah....the desire is a gsm device at this point, and if the future has a CDMA version, then it's not anytime soon because according to cnet, the desire is totally bound to europe and asian markets. as far as verizon, u got nothing to worry about because it is getting something even better than the desire. it is going to get the HTC incredible, which is ready to go and shown in action in a leaked vid.