HTC Desire app problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. MullyGrubber

MullyGrubber Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. I recently downloaded ring lite from the market. I am able to setup custom ringtones and sms tones but when I shut down the phone and start it up later the settings are erased and I have to set it up all over again.

I thought it might be my task killer so I uninstalled that but the problem still persists.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

Are those ringtones physically on the SD card? It might be that...

3. MullyGrubber

I am not too sure whether they are on the SD card. How do I check and what difference does it make if it is on the SD card? Do I have to put them onto the phone's memory?

4. damuffinman

I'm using the Samsung i7500 atm (waiting for my Desire to arrive), and this happens everytime I take my SD card out or mount it to my PC, as my ringtone is on the SD card. Probably because the moment the SD card is loose the ringtone file is no longer there so the settings are reset or something along the likes of that...

You can see if theyre on your SD card by taking your card out / mounting the card on your PC and see if your ringtone file can still be found.

5. MullyGrubber

The ringtones that I am trying to use are the standard HTC ringtones. So is there anyway I can move them onto the phone's memory? Also, my contacts are saved on my sim so does that make any difference?

6. damuffinman

If it's the standard HTC ones then it's probably not the SD card.

I suppose I would advice you not to turn off your phone then :p no idea what else could go wrong...

MullyGrubber likes this.
  7. MullyGrubber

Oh that is really quite annoying. I thought Android was meant to be customizable?

Thanks for your help damuffinman.

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Read my guide, and put the ringtones in the folders i mention there. This i know for sure will not lose your tones once set if you switch off your phone

MullyGrubber likes this.
  9. MullyGrubber

Thanks for your reply Lekky. I am able to get my own mp3s to appear in the scroll menu on the phone its just that I am not able to assign custom ringtones (the standard HTC ones not my own ones) to each of my contacts in the "people" area.

Once, I power off the phone and start it back up the ringtones that I have set for different contacts are no longer there and it just reads "Default ringtone".

EDIT: I've solved it, it was because the contacts were from the SIM. I saved the contacts from the SIM straight onto the phone's memory and now it works fine. Thanks for all the help anyways!