• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC Desire Battery experience

I have tried a range of fixes which have been on this site however what I have found is:
- the battery takes quite a while to settle. Only now, after a couple of months do I get a couple of days out of it (maybe even more).
- some "battery saving" apps eg Juice Defender eventually made things worse
- the Quick Settings app really screwed with the battery until I was only getting a few hours usage. Uninstalling made a huge difference
- I run with a black wallpaper, but now the battery is stabilised, I will try a bright live one again!

Just some random thoughts,

Cheers,
Muzzman

Yes, the battery took indeed a few months to reach its optimal performance.
Also, an OS update has helped. First Froyo made the battery last longer, then GB (via custom ROMs) made it even better.
I also stopped using Juice Defender. As long as there is no rogue application keeping the system on its toes, all is good.
Dark wallpapers are still my favorite, since I have an amoled screen. In summer, I combine it with auto brightness and that helps with the screen readability.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if it was something to do with Android learning what apps to keep active according to your particular usage. Someone mentioned in another thread that Android does this.
There is that as well, but it should take about 2 weeks for the phone to cache the most used apps regularly.

I think it is more to do with the standard process of battery re-charging circles. The same applies also for the standard AA(A) batteries.

Upvote 0
Last week I was out of town for the day at a field day. My phone was in the top pocket and I was aware it was VERY hot, and that the battery was rapidly going down, so that by about 2pm it was unusable. After some research I found one poster said he experience this and it was the result of an email, which was having delivery problems, getting into a loop. When I went home, I force closed various apps, and the next day the battery was fine.

Looking back, I have had this happen a couple of times with the phone almost too hot to touch, and next time it happens I hope to diagnose more accurately just what is causing it.

If others have experience this, it might be useful to isolate the cause(s).

Upvote 0
I have tried a range of fixes which have been on this site however what I have found is:
- the battery takes quite a while to settle. Only now, after a couple of months do I get a couple of days out of it (maybe even more).
- some "battery saving" apps eg Juice Defender eventually made things worse
- the Quick Settings app really screwed with the battery until I was only getting a few hours usage. Uninstalling made a huge difference
- I run with a black wallpaper, but now the battery is stabilised, I will try a bright live one again!

Just some random thoughts,

Cheers,
Muzzman

Interesting to see you've mentioned Quick Settings. I'll have to see if that makes any difference for me. It will be a shame if it does as the app is very handy indeed.

Upvote 0
I have tride juice defender and green power but I've found out now after a lot of tweeks ect ect.
That if you select the always on data box so that its off it turns of data as soon as you close your screen and do yourself a favour don't use app killers just a compleat waste of time and energy .
This make a supperb difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones