HTC Desire - Bluetooth Controller for SpotifyAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Hilly_2010

Hilly_2010 New Member This Topic's Starter

Right...firstly I don't normally post in here so I hope you don't mind my intrusion!

I've recently just bought a new car which, as most cars these days do, comes with an AUX IN connection and the plan is to connect my HTC Desire (with Spotify) up to it and use that as my main source of music in my car (the radio in the car doesn't have bluetooth).

Now, the problem comes when I want to pause, change track etc... I will obviously have to use the touch screen on the phone which isn't ideal so I was wondering whether there were any Bluetooth controllers out there which would connect up with my phone and take advantage of the Spotify buttons.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. rasobey

rasobey Well-Known Member

I tried using my Bluetooth headphones, which have previous/next track controls on them, to control my phone whilst listening to music in the car. Apparently, whenever headphones are plugged in - in this case the cable to the aux in connector in my car - the Bluetooth headset device becomes disabled and none of the buttons worked.

It's annoying, and something which my Blackberry used to do.

Having said all this, I haven't checked it since upgrading to Froyo so it's possible - unlikely imo - that this now works.

Hilly_2010 likes this.
  3. Hilly_2010

Hilly_2010 New Member This Topic's Starter

That's what I thought about originally, but came to the same conclusion as you unfortunately.

All I really need a bluetooth device with simple NEXT, PLAY / PAUSE and STOP controls which works with Spotify / internal music player. Didn't think it would be this hard to find!