HTC Desire C Homepage problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. PollyB

PollyB New Member

Though not a newbie to the technological revolution I have only just bought my own smart phone.
    As above - HTC Desire C on O2. I believe it is running Ice Cream Sandwich with the recent update. My problem occured before the update so it isn't that.

I have fiddled and messed with it quite a lot and now have managed to get the homepage stuck with no weather clock. I quite like this widget and would like it back. I have tried the long press and then dragging it back on to the home screen from the widget collection. It then asks me which city (fine) and dissappears. I only have four small widgets on the screen and loads of space so I am a bit baffled.:confused:

Any help out there ?

2. PollyB

PollyB New Member

Pleeeease guys !!!
    Someone out there may have an idea.

If not, how do I reset my phone completely to factory settings? I have all contacts/pictures etc backed up.
  3. SpikyAndroid3

SpikyAndroid3 Well-Known Member

Hi PollyB,

I'm not sure how to fix your problem "exactly", but I can suggest you remove the widget and reboot your phone. If that doesn't work, I suggest you start googling.

Depending on how much you use your phone and if you really want to factory reset it then I suggest you backup everything - How to back up your Android phone | How To - CNET
    Once that is done you can locate factory reset by going into settings -> SD and Phone Storage -> Factory Reset.

However, I do not suggest you do that as there might be a straight forward solution.
  4. RogerWD

RogerWD Member

Hi PollyB

Lets try this the 4 items on the home page either move them to another screen or remove them altogether you can add back later, once you have a blank home screen power down the phone.
    Once the phone is turned off, take back off and remove battery for 5 to 10 seconds then replace battery and back, restart phone.
    Now you should be able to touch and hold screen then select the clock/weather widget fingers crossed this will work
    any time there appears a problem powering down and removing the battery does a reset (you don't lose any data)
    lets see how this goes first