HTC Desire corrupts the File As field in OutlookSupport

Last Updated:

1. Greenfly

Greenfly New Member This Topic's Starter

My new Desire is driving me mad! Two particularly irritating points:
    1. When I sync with Outlook (2003) it somehow changes the File As field on my laptop. Thus Fred Jones, normally displayed as Jones, Fred (and still shown as such in the File As field on the laptop and on the Desire), becomes Fred Jones.
    2. When I enter appointments in the calendar field and then change time zones, the appointment time changes. This is extremely confusing.
    I am an absolute non-geek. Does anyone have a simple solution to these problems (before the Desire goes on eBay?!)
    Many thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D

I will move your question to the right forum for help for you!

Greenfly likes this.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Josepha

Josepha New Member

No answers? I'm having a similar problem, I think:
    I sync my Calendar on my HTC Desire (Android 2.2) through my mobile internet connection with an Exchange server at work.
    It works well, but the 'file as' setting from my Outlook Contact list is not reflected on my HTC. On HTC, it says 'Jane Doe', and in Outlook it says 'Doe, Jane'. I want it to be this last one. On my HTC, when I look in the Contact item, and click 'edit'.
    When I change it to 'Doe, Jane', and save, it does remember this setting, but that would mean I have to change it on the HTC for each contact!!!