htc desire display curiosity

Last Updated:

1. reminder072000

reminder072000 New Member This Topic's Starter

my friend and i just bought desire couple of weeks ago.everything is great about our phones but the only what makes our phones different is the screen display.
    mine is yellowish and my friend's blueish.
    both of the phones are SLCD but when i compare a white display in a dark room,there was really a big difference that you can tell.
    is there any possible defect on any of our phone or is it because of something else?
    thanks in advanced folks.

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Mine's got a slightly pinkish tint. Apparently they can't make these 100% identical -- but then, that's always been the case for CRT's and LCD's, so it shouldn't be an issue to worry overmuch about.

3. reminder072000

thanks for your opinion...

at first i was curious as to which one of our phones is defective one after i read about the differences between slcd and amoled,slcd has yellowish tint while amoled has bluish tint but the thing is both of our phones are slcd (since there is no mentioning of amoled on the box).so both should have a yellowish tint.when i asked around, people tend to say that the bluish tint looks nicer and mine might have problem with the display.

i guess there's nothing to worry about now.:eek:

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

you are probably on different software versions and its quite possible when htc start amoled again they will keep the box as is rather than advertise it as it doesnt mention slcd either just 3.7" touch screen.

you tend too see the screens are pretty much similar when running froyo as htc have tweeked the drivers

5. reminder072000

we both have already updated to froyo...but the display is still the same.and i have checked all the details on both phones...everything is similar except for the IMEI number.