HTC Desire Exchange on/Off peak problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have just moved to HTC Desire, love HTC phones past 2 have been windows mobile and have just lost patience with it.
    The Desire is just simply amazing

However I have a problem with my HTC Desire,
    it is PUSH synced to my exchange server and works well during the peak times 08:00 - 22:00

I have the phone set to PUSH peak 08:00 - 22:00 and manual off peak
    Now sometimes after 22:00 I can get an email alert say for instance last night 22:07 it came to my phone.

And then after 8am nothing has come (mail has been delivered to exchange)
    You can guarantee if i open emails app it will then sync, emails over night will show and then start pushing all day.

Also if i goto sync settings it shows peak time has changed to manual and not push, i change to push and hey presto starts syncing

My questions are
    1) What can cause it to sync after 22:00 - sometimes
    2) what stops it from syncing after 8:00 - always
    3) what changes peak time to manual

I look forward to hearing your comments
    Many thanks

Paul

Advertisement
  2. paulcooper

Same thing happened this morning too!

3. paulcooper

Emails came through all night - aaarrgghhh

Can anyone offer any advice please?

4. paulcooper

Emails coming through after 22:00

I have deleted and recreated the account even changed the times to 08:15 to 09:45 and it still does it!
    WHY

5. pcmaestro

pcmaestro New Member

Likewise
    Set desire to peak sync, 1 hour intervals from 8am to 5pm
    if i sync now is all fine till 5pm, then manual
    it sometimes randomly does a manual sync during the night?

it never syncs the next morning, but it does update from manual to hourly in display

alos it never syncs the weather, regardless of settings, only when sync now pressed

Seems an odd one, but i have the same

Jeff

6. happpyg

happpyg New Member

Yep, mine is setup the same as this and have the same problems. Each morning I have to go into "Accounts and Sync" - "Exchange Activesync" - do a manual sync and then it will work fine for the rest of that day at the intervals I set.

7. paulcooper

OK so I am not alone here that's good so it's not something I am doing wrong, anyone technical got a fix please?

8. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

I have run into the same issues. I have mine setup in a similar fashion. :)

9. CraigQ

CraigQ New Member

Hi All

Sorry, no solution but experiencing the same problem. Mine is set to hourly between 08h00 and 18h00 and this always shows as such during those hours but it may take me 5 or 6 goes of manually syncing/ refreshing before it kicks in - and is then fine for the rest of the day. Anyone have an answer yet?

CraigQ

10. gjlamb

gjlamb Member

Hi all, I started having this issue from yesterday and it boggled me. I'm also not sure what my resolution had to do with the communication during peak/off peak times. What I found is that the standard install had an apn (telstra.wap) that obviously wasn't working how it should be with Exchange communication. I changed it to the standard apn (Telstra.internet) and all my mail is coming though as it arrives without issue. I'm assuming that other providers have multiple apn's so maybe that could be your issue to?? Good luck.

11. paulcooper

I have had a call from HTC about this just a few mins ago and they said they have not had this reported before and is not a known problem and will be escalated.......

I won't hold my breath!

12. paulcooper

Still got this issue I have done another full reset of the phone - not installed ANYTHING at all and the emails are coming through out of peak hours

Surely someone has got to know the answer?

I can even set you up with an email account on my exchange server for you to test if you wish.

13. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member

Same thing happens in 2.2. I just got the update maybe a week or two ago, and hoped that they had fixed this, turns out my calendar and email stop syncing after peak hours as well.

Has anyone had any luck with 3rd party exchange software?

14. paulcooper

I flashed 2.29.405.2 of the stock ROM on Friday and the Exchange emails are just ignoring the peak on/off times, surely there must be something wrong here and it's not just me?

I am going mad with this problem. HTC said they have never come across this problem. I have had the phone replaced and have tried a different exchange server.
    Any ideas?

15. Robboa

Robboa New Member

I notice the last post here was 5mths ago... has this problem gone away, a fix found??

I've still got it on my Desire. I've got an Exchange email and POP email account... sometimes it doesnt switch from peak to off-peak, and also doesnt turn back to peak.

Any help...

16. paulcooper

OK I replaced the stock rom with Oxygen rom and I use Enhanced Email for the emails to my exchange 2003 server (give html mail also) and Ssh! Auto which can do silent mode on certain times.

All works a treat and am really impressed and get over 2 days of battery life out of my Desire also

email me for more details

Robboa likes this.
  17. gjlamb

gjlamb Member

Root/custom ROM. To be honest, I never noticed this. When was on stock rom it seemed to work fine but I never actually checked.

Rooting and loading custom rROM is far easier these days. Especially if you have access to a MAC (the Mac version of Unrevoked). Leedroid is probably the best rom I've found that's close enough to stock feel whilst giving all the benefits of battery life, performance and stability.

Robboa likes this.
  18. Robboa

Robboa New Member

Thanks Paul and GJ, I've know about rooting but have been trying to avoid it, I think will have to look more into it... I dont mind, but still on warranty... it worries me if I cant get the stock telstra ROM back on... I've got some research to do.

The Sshhh idea is simple, I've already got that installed, just didnt think of it, only have to remember to turn it on b4 going to bed.