HTC Desire - Facebook/Contacts - Image does not refresh

Last Updated:

1. boomclart

boomclart New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Desire and have linked my personal contacts to those in Facebook. This then means each contacts picture is take from Facebook. However whenever the Facebook profile picture of a contact is changed it does not synch with contact in my phone and I am left with what ever picture was present on that persons profile when I first linked them to the contact in my phone.

Any ideas on how to force the profile pictures to update in my phonebook when they are changed by someone on Facebook?

Advertisement
  2. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

check the settings on how often your account syncs with fb.... I have had many complicating factors between fb and contacts based on how I want contacts listed with their last name first. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. for the one it doesn't, I have to delete, then reenter, then manually sync the name to fb. But then, I never get updated pics until I resync.... and I can't get their updates by their contact name.

aggrevating, but whatever...

3. thefunkygibson

thefunkygibson Member

I have this problem too! My contacts list is pretty messed up since the person in the Orange shop transferred my contacts through my sim card and I had to sit and rename them all. Then I linked them to my facebook and now almost all my contacts are duplicated, but linked to a facebook. So, when I go to a contact, I press "linked" at the top and it shows me their facebook, then two separate entries for their number - one of which usually has very little information and the other has the full entry from my hotmail contacts (which is how I organised my old phone).

If I unlink the duplicate contact that I don't need, then delete it, it says "contact not found", and unlinks the other contact from facebook. Then when I link it back to the facebook account, it's still the old photos that it uses.

Then when I go to the sync part of the contact info and click "view facebook profile", it says "the application People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

ARGH! This is so frustrating - why can't it just work!!

4. Nearly

Nearly Active Member

The only way to resync my photo's is that I remove account from accounts and sync in Systems pane and than, re-add and my dp's are removed but slowly redownloaded.

5. yuukuro

yuukuro New Member

There is another way to synchronize the People (Contacts) information with Facebook, although I doubt you'll do this often? Yes, even if you turn on the synchronization function to sync all the contacts -- for me, even the friends' updates are not updated at all in the People list.

In your People list, there are 4 settings on the bottom bar, go to Online Directories. Sign out from your Facebook account (if you had previously signed in) and then sign in again. Then, a fresh synchronization of all your Facebook contacts will take place, including their Facebook pictures, status update, etc.

You will probably do this once in a while?