• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire, Favorite Widget?

earll

Lurker
Apr 16, 2010
Hi, have some trouble with the Favorite widget that is on HTC desire 2.1 android sense UI Thingy by default. First of all I wanted to change the default action on a contact that is already added when i click the contact. Is the only way to change it to delete and then remake the contact? Also is it possible to add like several Default actions to the favorite contacts? (Like I click the contact, and then hotkeys to either like, send sms, send mail or call comes up)

It seems like I am only able to add people who are on my gmail contact list, is there any way to add people from facebook/phonebook? And is there any way to like "Link" or "combine" contacts? If i have say 1 person as a gmail contact and as a phonebook contact, and want to combine them so i dont have 2 contacts of the same person lying around.

If there is no way to do the things I am asking for in the built in favorites tab then is there any similar widget that supports this?

Thanks in advance.

You can link contacts with Facebook etc. Open the contact and in the top right there is a symbol which is like two circles with an adjoining line. If you click on this it allows you to link this contact to another contact, or Facebook contact etc.

Also if you go into 'People' then click on the globe icon at the bottom, you can look at online directories, like your all your Facebook friends or Twitter contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones