HTC Desire - Folder Organiser App

Last Updated:

1. Nickc001

Nickc001 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

i have the paid version of this, because i wanted to have folders for games media etc with a decent icon. I cant for the life of me work out how to use it.

For example i want a games folder, with the games in on a home screen - should be simple - but isnt unless im being special

help please

Advertisement
  2. mr-mixalot

mr-mixalot Active Member

I have the same application, this is what I did

1. Under the Applications List, long select the game application from the list of Games you want, then from the Choose Labels pop up menu give it a label of Games. You know you've done it correctly because is will say Games below the application name

2. Add a Folder Organiser label widget on your Home Screen, you will get a choice of Applications, Bookmarks, Contacts, Android, Games and Internet.

3. Select Games and all the ones with that label will appear for you.

Simple!!

Nickc001 likes this.
  3. galfwender

galfwender Active Member

In Folder Organizer, create a new label. Long press on it and pick an icon. If you want a bunch more icons to pick from, try iBox from the market.

Next, long press on it again and select "Chose Items". Select the apps you want to show in this label. If you want you can add a bookmark or other item type too.

Finally, back on your home screen, long press and select either shortcut or widget, not sure what difference it makes here. Select "FolderOrganizer label", pick the one you just made. You would select "FolderOrganizer item" if you wanted to add a static, single app created with FolderOrganizer, rather than a popup menu - for example if you just want to change the icon an app uses.

Nickc001 likes this.
  4. marshalex

marshalex Well-Known Member

one thing i've noticed with this is that it doesn't seem to pick up the gmail applicaiton or is it found elsewhere in the app?

5. galfwender

galfwender Active Member

Shortcut, Google Mail Label, Inbox

marshalex likes this.
  6. w0bbl3r

w0bbl3r Well-Known Member

Any way to use FolderOrganiser to create a shortcut to a widget?

I can get to Apps, Labels, Bookmarks, Direct dials etc, but i want to rebrand a widget and I can't for the life of me see the option to do so, by creating a shortcut or otherwise...

7. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member