HTC Desire Freezes After OS Upgrade to Revolution Easter

Last Updated: 2012-05-30 19:07:11
  1. JSP777

JSP777 Member

Hi there,

I upgraded my HTC Desire from LeeDRoid to Revolution Easter v4.0. The installation was done from my SD card. But I didn't wipe anything before the installation. My phone froze on first reboot and I'm not able to do anything. I removed the battery several times and tried to reboot but the same thing happens over and over again.

CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Wrong forum, moving to all things root.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Boot into recovery and do a,wipe. You must wipe in between roms. All this is covered in the rooting faq which if you haven't read yet, you should. You will find it in the "all things root guide" sticky thread.
    JSP777 likes this.
  4. JSP777

JSP777 Member

Thanks. I'm in recovery, but not sure how do I "wipe in between roms".
    sorry i'm totally new to android
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

It's never too late to read the guides :)

To get into recovery what you do is:

* pull the battery to shut the phone down

* replace battery and boot, but hold the "volume down" key down while booting

This will take you to the bootloader - white screen, 3 little androids at the bottom. After about 7 seconds there will be a set of messages about not finding certain files - ignore these (if it does find one and asks you whether to install it, say no!). After that you'll be able to use the volume keys to highlight the "recovery" option in the menu, then press the power key to select it. The phone will then boot into recovery.

It is really useful to know how to do this when you are flashing ROMs ;)

Edit: This post is less redundant than it seems - it made sense when replying to the original version of the post above :D
    JSP777 likes this.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Its a factory reset / data wipe. Have a look where I suggested and you'll learn loads of best practice to do before / after flashing roms. Probably best to do this sooner rather than later :)
    JSP777 likes this.
  7. JSP777

JSP777 Member

already reading, loads of useful stuff