• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire & Galaxy S3 owner...

almcd

Lurker
Nov 15, 2012
Been lurking for a while, played with rooting my desire - reckon its gone ok, going to try and de-brand it & take off the network lock - will probably brick it, so thought I should join the forum in anticipation of needing help...

Had the S3 for a few months but I'm back on the desire because I managed to smash the screen on the S3 - oops.

Thanks for all the guides and faqs.

/relurk.

yes its the desire, not the s or x or anything and the S3 was insured so its getting fixed.

Totally got root access, pretty sure I've got the recovery thing sorted, not sure if I've done the nand backup thing properly though (maybe titanium backup does the same thing??). Bit of a panic earlier when I got that loop thing on boot going, but all sorted now. Great threads on here for donks like me that dont know what they're doing... that 'all things root guide' is the business for anyone wanting help.

Tommorrow I'll flash a custom rom, do the a2sd thing, then look into putting an o2 sim in the orange branded phone - that was the whole point anyway. Too late to try tonight...

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones