HTC Desire GPS loses signal

Last Updated:

1. knyazs

knyazs New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 13, 2010

I bought my phone week ago and problems with GPS started immediately: I installed MOTONAV (iGO for Motorola) and tried to test it and it worked perfectly... for about 10 minutes and than message "GPS signal lost"... without come back. Reset of GPS or phone didn't solved the problem... I tried GPS signal later (after 15-30 minutes) with GPS Test app and there it was - working just like that: catches signal after 10 seconds!

After that I thought application was a problem: uninstalled it, downloaded Navigon - same thing: signal lost after 5-15 minutes of using navapp.

Hard reset of phone, navigon again - same issue.

Anyone had similar troubles? Any solution? Could it be antenna or some other hardware problem (because I have latest software)?

Thank you in advance,

2. dworkin

dworkin Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Have Desire, no problem finding and keeping GPS (unless inside building?). Driven thru UK, France for 12 or more hours with NO GPS problem (except Navigon seriously needs updating to make as good as Navigon for Windows or for iPhone). If Desire otherwise working ok, suspect hardware issue - suggest take it back to dealer.