• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire HD calender issue

Gardium

Feb 1, 2011
I'm using my HTC Desire HD with a google sync account.

I use the calender on google actively for my appointments, and I have also added a automatically updated calender from my school (iCal format - webaddress) so I have an updated schedule for my classes. When I access the calender from my computer online, everything is perfect, and all enteries are there.

However, when I then look at my phone (yes, active background data and active sync is on for my google account, and I have even manually forced a refresh), there are no scheduled appointments on my calendar. I didn't change any settings since I set this up around 5th of January 2011 (then it worked for the classes I had in January). A few days ago my new class schedules were updated on my schools internal network system, and thus they were also updated on the google calender. But these updates never came to my phone. At one point, I successfully managed to get about 50% of the appointments to the phone, but when I then "unticked" the calender, and "reticked" it in the options on the phone, there was nothing.

However the appointments for the "personal" calendar of google sync just fine. It is only the "webcalendar" that does not sync to my phone.

Anyone have any suggestion what's happening?

It is a bug in google as I looked on their bug list and it is there, however I found a work around...

You have to delete the calendar data and resync.

----------

To do it, disable all sync first (very important).

Second, open up app, then hit menu and then remove app (yea I know strange name). This should open up your applications. Click on All and find "Calendar Storage". This should allow you to remove the data, click on that and that should remove everything.

Then exit and then turn your google sync on and your calendar should now be populated with your items.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with the Calendar. It's been a problem for a few days and I was wondering why my battery was going flat after 10 hours.. the cpu was 100% busy (checked in System Monitor), the Uptime was the same as the Awake time (checked in Settings > About Phone > Battery. Usually caused by a buggy app, phone could not sleep) and aLogcat showed a reocurring Calendar exception like this

W/RecurrenceProcessor( 1505): DateException with r=FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;WKST=MO;BYMONTHDAY=30;BYMONTH=7 rangeStart=134960462884 rangeEnd=134960462886
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): RecurrenceProcessor error - DateException
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): Could not parse RRULE recurrence string: FREQ=MONTHLY;WKST=MO;BYDAY=0FR
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): android.pim.EventRecurrence$InvalidFormatException: Error parsing recurrence: 'FREQ=MONTHLY;WKST=MO;BYDAY=0FR'
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at android.pim.EventRecurrence.parse(Native Method)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at android.pim.RecurrenceSet.init(RecurrenceSet.java:99)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at android.pim.RecurrenceSet.<init>(RecurrenceSet.java:86)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarProvider2.performInstanceExpansion(CalendarProvider2.java:1296)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarProvider2.expandInstanceRangeLocked(CalendarProvider2.java:1123)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarProvider2.acquireInstanceRangeLocked(CalendarProvider2.java:1081)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarProvider2.scheduleNextAlarmLocked(CalendarProvider2.java:3629)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarProvider2.runScheduleNextAlarm(CalendarProvider2.java:3517)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarProvider2.access$000(CalendarProvider2.java:78)
W/CalendarProvider2( 1505): at com.android.providers.calendar.CalendarProvider2$AlarmScheduler.run(CalendarProvider2.java:204)
V/CalendarProvider2( 1505): set Alarm # 2011/2/2 16:52:0

I had a feeling it was a recurring calendar event on my google calendar where it was the last Sunday of each month, so I deleted that calendar entry, enabled sync and rebooted the phone.

Now, calendar entries are showing up again and I have sync enabled.

Going in to Settings > Accounts & Sync shows up a few errors with some sync items such as Facebook (not Facebook for HTC Sense)

Upvote 0
It is a bug in google as I looked on their bug list and it is there, however I found a work around...

You have to delete the calendar data and resync.

----------

To do it, disable all sync first (very important).

Second, open up app, then hit menu and then remove app (yea I know strange name). This should open up your applications. Click on All and find "Calendar Storage". This should allow you to remove the data, click on that and that should remove everything.

Then exit and then turn your google sync on and your calendar should now be populated with your items.

Ah, great to know it's not just me going crazy. But well, I did what you said about clearing the Calendar storage. I ended and cleared data on all "calendar" related apps... Still didn't work, however I did not disable ALL syncs (but does this include all syncs that are NOT related to google as well =S). Anyways, thanks for the help, I'll try disabling ALL syncs tomorrow =)

PS! I just did the thing, couldn't wait, and it works. Must be something weird about the sync settings... Disabling ALL syncs then makes it work. Thanks for the help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones