• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire HD Gingerbread now unlocked

Hi guys,

I have a HTC Desire HD which is running 2.2. It was locked to Three network who have just announced they will not be supporting Gingerbread. As such I have obtained an unlock code from htccodes.com which much to my amazement worked (although they fleeced an extra $15 out of me lol).

Can I now upgrade to 2.3 using the unbranded version? The phone still has all the Three boot screen and apps on it but its running on my vodafone sim now.

Thank you in advance

Mat

Hi there, I moved this thread to the HTC Desire HD forum, you should get some better help here from fellow Desire HD owners.

Welcome to the Android forums :)

Cheers!!

Hi guys,

I have a HTC Desire HD which is running 2.2. It was locked to Three network who have just announced they will not be supporting Gingerbread. As such I have obtained an unlock code from htccodes.com which much to my amazement worked (although they fleeced an extra $15 out of me lol).

Can I now upgrade to 2.3 using the unbranded version? The phone still has all the Three boot screen and apps on it but its running on my vodafone sim now.

Thank you in advance

Mat

Nice one Mat - I've posted a link to this for a load of people in the Desire HD forum who keep asking about when GB will be coming to 3! :D

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance

Mat

I think you might be confused.. The Original Desire is not getting Gingerbread. As far as we know, gingerbread is coming to the Desire HD.

Upvote 0
I think you might be confused.. The Original Desire is not getting Gingerbread. As far as we know, gingerbread is coming to the Desire HD.

I'm not sure, but though it worth putting the link to this thread in the "when's GB coming to 3" thread... I'm actually with Orange and have rooted anyway - just thought I'd pass on some info!

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance

Mat

Spot on swgastro. Taken from HTC UK's Facebook page.

Desire and Gingerbread Update

by HTC UK on Tuesday, 14 June 2011 at 15:29

Our engineering teams have been working hard for the past few months to find a way to bring Gingerbread to the HTC Desire without compromising the HTC Sense experience you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones