1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

HTC Desire HD, gingerbread

1. sleezesister26

sleezesister26 New Member

If I upgraded my HTC Desire HD, will it fix my audio problems?

And what other features will I see in gingerbread?

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

I am unsure of what your audio problems are... it is quite possible that they will be addressed by updating. Could you clarify on what issues you've been having and I'm sure that someone will be able to answer you.

If your phone has told you that there is an update, this would now update your phone from Sense 2.1 (I think) to Sense 3.0... the change is, by all accounts, quite good. The lockscreen will change and, I believe, a couple of the HTC apps also change.

I don't actually use Sense myself, but I'm sure that one of our other members will be able to give you a bit more info!
  3. McCookie

McCookie Well-Known Member

He said what changes will I see on gingerbread, could it be that the OP is still on Froyo?
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I realise MC, but I couldn't really tell you what changes you'd expect to see... I haven't been on a Sense ROM since just after I got my phone.

The reason I mention upgrading from Sense 2.1 to Sense 3.0 was that the phone would change if an OTA update was available and I know that this would be quite a visible change.
  5. Sails

Sails Member

The following link describes the features of Gingerbread in detail.

Android 2.3 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

You havent described what the audio problem was so not sure if upgrading will fix that issue.

New update has now been released, android v2.3.5 with sense 3.0