Htc desire hd in the u.s.aGeneral

Last Updated:

1. k3thizzall

k3thizzall New Member This Topic's Starter

When will the HTC Desire HD be available in the U.S.?

Advertisement
  2. TNwainwright

TNwainwright Well-Known Member

Unknown, probably only on some minor carriers quite a bit later (like the desire is now) if at all.

3. smellyfungus

smellyfungus Member

the difference was that the desire and the nexus one were practically the same phone so there wasnt a need for the desire here.

the desire z is gonna be the g2 here.

i would guess someones gonna get the desire hd equivalent. unless they count the evo as that but the evo's specs arent as sexy as the desire hd.

4. KnowProblem

KnowProblem Well-Known Member

The initial model of the Desire HD will not be sold in the US, neither does it include support for the US 3G bands (it will roam fine on 2G though for voice and light data usage). Even if it did support the US 3G bands, T-Mobile USA would have no interest in it since it doesn't support HSPA+ which T-Mobile requires in all their upcoming high-end devices to compete with the other US carriers' 4G plans. Perhaps at some point HTC will release a Desire HD variant with HSPA+ and US 3G bands, at which point the device would pique T-Mobile's interest.

5. zorxd

zorxd Active Member

the DHD does support 14 Mbps HSPA+, just like the G2

6. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

I'm just going to put this out there.

I'm sure HTC is releasing the Desire HD for one reason...to keep the Europeans happy. When you guys got the EVO, everyone in the UK wanted something similar, the closest thing we had was the HD2.

So we got the Desire HD...now why would HTC release the same phone in the USA when they already have the same product in the EVO there?. It makes no financial sense for one...and marketing for another.

7. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. The Evo is CDMA while the Desire HD is GSM. Also there are a lot of improvements to the DHD as well as some exclusions.

There are a lot of people here in the US that are on a GSM network who want an "EVO" like phone. HTC would make bank on it.

8. SpencerUk

Comparison between a Standard Desire & a EVO

You have to bare in mind the EVO was the US version pretty much of a Desire so the comparisons above.

You got a better deal in that IMO than we did.

Comparison between Desire HD and EVO

Not a major difference to really warrant it to be ported. If HTC would do anything, it would probably just converting the current EVO into GSM for you.

Desire/Desire HD is aimed for the European market and it will probably stay that way.

Makes far more sense for HTC just to bring a few updates to the EVO here and there or just put in some new hardware to it...Happened to people with the Desire here (switch from AMOLED to SLCD).

Sorry if this sounds cruel;

Made for Europe, should stay in Europe xD

9. ComradeQuestion

ComradeQuestion Well-Known Member

well i hope they release a desire hd variant on vzw i love the evo and if sprint was better in my area id be with them.

10. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Makes far more sense for HTC just to bring a few updates to the EVO here and there or just put in some new hardware to it...Happened to people with the Desire here (switch from AMOLED to SLCD).

Sorry if this sounds cruel;

Made for Europe, should stay in Europe xD[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they do this.

11. Bnice

Bnice Guest

oops.

12. Sined

Sined Member

I strongly disagree. It's clear to anyone who wants to play high end 3D games that the Adreno 200 GPU found in the EVO 4G does not even hold a candle to the Desire HD's Adreno 205 GPU.

[​IMG]

The new second gen Snapdragon CPU has also blown the first gen Snapdragons out of the water.

[​IMG]

It's not simply a GSM EVO 4G. It's a far better version.

Sorry, this may sound cruel but you are quite wrong.

13. AntDogs

AntDogs Well-Known Member

because im on Verizon 2 year contract and i want it on verizon in US :( i want this HTC phone for verizon ahhh.. not the droid X since no HTC

14. SpencerUk

There isn't such thing as right and wrong, especially in discussion.

Not to sound the curel geezer here, but I wouldn't call it better because it has an updated CPU and GPU..this is a mobile phone after all. People generally are not going to buy a mobile phone for the prospect of how good your graphics can be.

Saying that, the EVO battery is bigger than the Desire HD's and probably will be superior in that department, although until someone gets the mits on one, can't really compare.

Newer hardware isn't always better..Just ask Apple hehe :cool: