1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HTC Desire HD - paired but not connectedSupport

1. Cat Herding 1

Cat Herding 1 New Member

:confused:I can't get my HTC Desire HD to connect to my laptop (Asus - Windows 7) with bluetooth. I get a message on the phoned 'paired but not connected' ... any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to rectify please?

All drivers seem to be up to date.... though the latest sync patch - Driver_HTC Wildfire_setup_3.0.5481 wont initialise and run....

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

The message on the phoned 'paired but not connected' is correct.
    "... but not connected" means that no data are currently transmitted.

In Desire HD Bluetooth setting you should enable "FTP-Server".
    With this setting you can tranfer files.

Harry
  3. deadhippo

deadhippo New Member

I am having the same issue but enabling FTP Server didn't solve it. Any other ideas? The mobile phone icon in windows 7 is faded. The Blue Tooth Services tab in properties is also empty.
    The files are rejected, it says "This transfer is forbidden by the target device." on my Desire HD.
  4. DesireA2.2

DesireA2.2 New Member

I was having a similar issue with my Garmin NUVI 265WT, contacted Garmin and was informed the Desire was not a supported product, however it was at times working for voice calls.

It's not perfect, but I found if I follow the following pairing and connection process the voice calling feature will work:

1) clear both devices of pairing information.
    2) initiate pairing from either device.
    3) enter the password for the Garmin 265WT, 1234, on the HTC Desire
    4) This is the key: when prompted "nuvi is requesting permission to connect to the phonebook on this phone" choose DECLINE.

I'm not certain why this allows the voice function to continue working but I suspect the connection forms a package on the desire and if one of the layers fails then the whole process drops. The net result, from experience, is if one selects "Accept" and checks "Always" you will need to repeat 1 through 4 again or the connection will persistently fail if you make the mistake of choosing "Always".

The prompt will present itself every time the two devices attempt to connect and you must "Decline" or ignore the message every time, but it has worked for me the last couple of months.