HTC Desire HD Photo's?General

Last Updated:

1. codral

codral Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, was tossing up between a Desire and Galaxy S, bought the Desire, hated the screen, sold it 3 days later, now i want a Desire HD and am about to order one but want to see what the camera quality is like..

Has anyone got any sample Photo's of the Desire HD, compared to other phones would be great too... i've spent the better part of an hour looking and can only find sample video, not images..

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. MikeyM718

MikeyM718 Active Member

If it is the same 8mp camera in the Evo it takes great quality pics, BUT for some awkward reason it feels zoomed in pretty bad which I hate. I am forced to step back like 5 feets from where a person would normally take a picture to get the same area covered.

3. codral

do you know if it shoots macro? i've heard the evo doesn't, if it does then i'll buy one right now.. actually use macro a fair bit, taking pics of docs for work etc... and pretty sure the desire just had autofocus, no macro mode... don't think the evo has auto focus?

4. MikeyM718

MikeyM718 Active Member

It doesn't have macro, but it does feature auto focus. You can manually focus as well by clicking on the screen at the area you want to focus on. This is assuming that they use the same cameras.

5. ilyano

ilyano New Member

Mine too. It appears that it actually does affect the camera performance when you take macro shots with the flash on. I take photos of documents and I have noticed that a bottom part of a picture is always darker than a top. Although it may have something to do with the top location of the flash hence improper flashlight distribution. But I agree - the design and build quality of them is far from great. HTC would be much better if it was Nokia..

6. kingdave

kingdave Well-Known Member

7. codral

got one a while ago and the camera quality (despite being a few megapixels higher and alot newer) is second to my old n95... bit shit, but on the up side the video recorder is real nice

8. briped

briped Member

Sadly, the only function that does not impress me about the Desire HD is the camera, but it would take a great deal to impress me as my old phone was an SE C905, a very good camera phone.
    For taking pictures of documents it's actually quite good with the camscanner app https://market.android.com/details?id=com.intsig.camscanner. Curiously enough better than my beloved C905, so I would go ahead, if I were you.