HTC Desire HD release date in Canada?Support

Last Updated:

1. thetechgeek

thetechgeek New Member

I am looking to buy this phone and I would like to know when it will be available in Canada. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

No idea on the Desire HD, even on which carrier it will go to (Rogers seems way behind on Android devices for some reason...).

Desire Z is coming out on Bell within the next 3 weeks or so, but I haven't heard anything on the HD. My guess would be Telus before the end of the year... but that's just a guess.
  3. Haikuguy

Haikuguy Well-Known Member

Unsubstantiated rumors say Telus, around New Years.
  4. jp56

jp56 Member

its coming out with telus. not sure on date but says coming soon on website.
    does anyone know the price and exact release date?
  5. cmr068

cmr068 Member

The dhd is now available from telus for 149 on a three year contract.
  6. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member

AT&T will release their own HD on Sunday for $99.99 for a two year contract!!!
  7. Haikuguy

WHAT ?!!!!
    with Telus it's 400$ for a two year contract !!!!!
  8. BobbyPhoenix

BobbyPhoenix Well-Known Member

Well from what I noticed the only difference is the At&t version won't allow sideloaded apps (non-market). You have to use the wonder machine, and know what you are doing. Maybe that is why it's only 99? Just sayin'
  9. moe3754

I seriously doubt it, it is a price for new customers for a two year contract. besides all you need do is just debrand it with a stock HTC Ruu and you can load all of the sideloaded app's you want!!! Real Difficult!!!!

HTC Inspire 4G Android 2.2 Smartphone - Wireless from AT&T

Plus I can pick one up at Radio Shack for $449.00 plus a $30.00 credit fo any accessory I want. Alot cheaper than anything coming out of Canada, [​IMG]http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-DESIRE-HD-A9192-NAM-UNLOCKED-850-1900MHZ-3G-ATT-3G-/180621920445?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item2a0de7c8bd That price is just plain STUPID!!!!

And unlocking is free just get the code from AT&T not ebay!!
  10. Haikuguy

don't forget the the taxes...

Basically, right now, to buy a DHD with no contract here in Canada+ unlocking it, you have to pay around 580$.
  11. moe3754

Taxes for what, I should not have to pay Canada taxes since I live in the U.S.!!!!!! My Desire HD with Tax is going to be $482.23 and I get $30.00 free Accessories with my purchase and unlocking is free from AT&T so my phone will still be cheaper than anything from Canada!!!
  12. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

I hate to be the bad guy, but you'll have to pay taxes up front. There's no way around this. You can get forms from Revenue Canada to get your money back though. Shouldn't take more than a year for processing !