HTC Desire HD to S4 File TransferSupport

1. So I've not long been upgraded to the Galaxy S4 (I9505) now, and the time has come to change SD cards. Currently I'm using a 8GB class 2 Samsung microSDHC card which came with my old phone, the HTC Desire HD. Obviously all of my data is on there for my apps, images ect. So anyway I bought a 'SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 32GB, class 10, UHS-I, 30MB/sec. + SD adapter, Mobile' (Detailed I know, just copied and pasted it :D).

So when it came to transferring things over, I took my old SD card out of the phone, stuck the new one in, and then slotted the old one into the card adapter in my laptop. When I come to copy and paste everything over though, I'm not allowed to copy the folder '.android_secure'. This looks like it has all of my apps in it. The music and videos copy just fine. When I look on the phone, the applications that where on my old SD card are grayed out with an SD card symbol next to them. Sooooo.....(finally) I'm wondering how I can solve this?

P.S. I can't plug my HTC in anymore as it's no longer recognised.

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

As much as you'd like to, you can't cheat the system by copying over the android_secure folder, lol. It is secure, after all. You'll have to either redownload everything or seek out an app designed to back up application data with/without root, depending on your situation.

Also, if you had done the setup wizard when you first got the phone, it would've redownloaded all the apps connected to your account, some possibly with data backups (Google does this as long as the developer took time to implement it).