HTC Desire HD unlock

Last Updated: 2011-06-30 21:38:37
  1. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

I currently have an unlock code for my Desire HD but the menu to enter the code does not appear when I start up the phone with another SIM card or even without it. I have a custom ROM installed and I was told that I would have to reinstall the Telus stock ROM to be able to unlock it. Is there any stock ROM that you guys can recommend but MOST IMPORTANTLY is there any way to get to the unlock menu with a rooted phone ? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

If there is a custom ROM on there, it's probably already SIM Unlocked?

What happens when you put the alternative SIM in?
  3. SB13X

SB13X Well-Known Member

If you have a custom rom on there you won't need to put the code in as the job should already have been done. If it hasn't I can link you a tool that will do it without the code if you have root access.
  4. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

Well I might have paid for an unlock code for nothing then ... I went back to the stock RRU but still I dont get the unlock code message thing any idea where I can find it ?
  5. El Presidente

If the root process was done properly, you shouldn't need the unlock code. Can't you access the handset with the SIM in the phone?

The link Stu mentioned is here, but it only works with software based on version 1.32.XXX.X. Unless he's aware of another tool I'm not.

Which version do you have on the handset?
  6. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

Yeah it was in fact unlocked just tried with my activated SIM ... so much to learn about android still lol
  7. TH8MA3

TH8MA3 Member

Yeah it was in fact unlocked just tried with my activated SIM ... so much to learn about android still lol
  8. El Presidente

If you're coming from iOS, I can imagine it is a bit of a learning curve.
  9. maddog497

maddog497 Active Member

Yes, the learning curve is doing what you want (android) not what your told (iOS).:D
  10. Dixi1801

Dixi1801 Well-Known Member

Completely agree, I'm still on this learning curve... But don't you love the sense of freedom?