HTC Desire HDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Mark_H

Mark_H Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone considering selling their SGS and buying one?

When I bought mine it was a toss up between the HTC Desire and the SGS - I chose the SGS on spec, although I preferred the look and feel of the Desire.

Now the Desire HD is out....! :confused:

I really like my SGS, especially now the lag is sorted (with OCLF) - however there are number of annoying things, mainly around Samsung's inability to get Kies working seamlessly, with integration and firmware upgrades etc.

I am wondering whether HTC is a bit slicker and bit more robust - although i have no basis for that - just that in the Android market they are the market leader... I think.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about it, main problems for me will be the camera, which although it has better specs will likely be inferior to the GS camera, and the question of SQ. I really do not relish going from perfect SQ in the GS to anything less. Not to mention I love the HID profile support in bluetooth, and TV Out via cable, and don't want to lose them either...

I have enough reservations to take a wait and see approach...

3. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Nope, it's a good alternative to the Galaxy S but I can't see much point changing from a Galaxy S to the Desire HD.

4. Mark_H

Mark_H Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The specs are very similar, and whilst you can say one is slightly better than the other in a particular area, most people aren't really going to notice that much difference. So for me it comes down to the level of functionality and quality of the firmware.

IMHO Samsung has been flaky at best! The problems with GPS and Lag really aren't acceptable - however there have been workarounds - not ideal, but nevertheless have transformed the phone.

IF the Desire HD is more accomplished and polished out of the box, then you start to have more faith in their ability to deliver quality firmwares that maximise the performance of the phone.

I must also add there is an element of latest and greatest.

Having said that I have decided to wait and see. With 2.2 support Samsung have a chance to get it right...!