• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire HD

Actually USB debugging is for writing your own applications on your phone - you can single step through your own apps to see what they're doing etc. when it's enabled. The reason I've heard cited for why USB debugging speeds up the phone is that it kills some processor intensive task that slows the phone down. Probably something to do with HTC Sense/Sync.

Yes, USB debugging can also be used by programmers to debug their programs, but it will also debug the phone itself. If that processor intensive task is on for no need by the phone, then shutting it down is also a form for debugging to optimize the system :)

Upvote 0
Well, i experienced lag + a battery drain of 20-30% during the night until yesterday. Until then android system was always using 35-50%, display 30-40%, android OS 10-20%. Yesterday turned usb debugging on AND removed HTC sense account, turned out during the night battery drain was 5%. No lag whatsoever today with 5 hours of web pages, display on 5 hours..

So a bit off-topic, sorry, will post accurate results in bat thread later, but might help to fiddle at least with HTC sense sync. Or worth a try?

Upvote 0
The lag is probably caused by the /init bug. This is being discussed here
/INIT process Desire HD lag problems. - xda-developers

Hopefully there will be a fix soon as the phone is not usable at the moment...

I installed a watchtower app only desire hd and it shows that /init bug running the CPU at max continously. A reboot has always cured it but only temporarily. and this could be my first post here so hi everybody:p

Upvote 0
Hi! I'm using my DHD for almost a year now, not really a techi one I just love the look and it's features on the opposite I secretly hate it because:

(1)the battery easily drains even with the task killer (with a red 'x' mark now);
(2)the signal is bad inside my house so most of my callers complains that they can't reach me or at least they have to try dial 10x;
(3)it hangs or restarts on its own; and lastly,
(4)I recently experience my htc screen suddenly became black but i can see the menu at the bottom lights each time I press the on/off switch on top. When the first one happened 3 weeks ago, my htc just restarted after 2 hours of being like that, now it's been almost 6 hours.

What seems to be the problem? Anyone of you have experienced that too?

Upvote 0
Hi dnoli, if you're having issues after a factory reset, it would suggest a hardware issue unfortunately.

Have you tried another camera app though?

Thank you for your answer, yes I tried barcode reader and it says that there is a problem with the camera and suggests restart.
Sot I understand that I am in a big big problem. Well, I you have any idea or advice about the issue please tell me. I will be waiting for a magic solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones