htc desire headphone jack

Last Updated:

1. syk919

syk919 New Member This Topic's Starter

ive got a problem with my htc desire headphones/headphone jack.the buttons on the headphones are not working for the 2nd time as i sent thephone for repair the first time they stopped working.the headset is in my opinion not faulty as i tried them in another desire.this has happend twice now it also occured with my htc hero.would really like some help or advice as i dont want to send my phone back again.

Advertisement
  2. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

I think maybe your headphones are working intermittently.
    If you have access to another desire, you probably can get another pair of earphones too.
    Try those and see whether it's your phones problem.

3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

I found that since installing a 3rd party music app, that the headphone controlls no longer work with the stock, htc music app, only with the installed one.

maybe thats your problem?

4. syk919

ive removed all 3rd party apps

5. syk919

well when they broke for the first time i tried my headphones with a desire at the carphone warehouse store and they worked fine??

6. Humongousfungus

Humongousfungus New Member

Yes after I finished with PowerAMP or whatever it was called and then uninstalled it the headphone buttons no longer worked with the HTC media player.

7. TonyMorris

TonyMorris New Member

Just a thought but my headphones wouldn't plug all the way into the headphone socket properly and this also happened with a previous phone.

It turned out to be an gradual accumulation of pocket fluff that had got into the socket. I gently hoiked it all out with the end of a straightened paper clip and it was fine again.

May not sound palatable but it was just clean pocket debris that'd accumulated over a long time. Might be worth trying the same remedy.

8. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

I've had it before (once) that I plugged the headphones in and they were recognised but no audio made it down the cable. A battery-pull fixed it.

9. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member

I will suggest that while the default headphones are ok with the desire, they can and do break....mine the buttons died regardless around christmas time...and around 2 weeks ago the headphones cut out one side..

so chucked em and bought another pair of ear buds lol

10. Shofar

Shofar Well-Known Member

If I plug my headphones, (Sennhouser? CX 400II or Bose QC 15) in all the way they do not work. Pulling them out a bit does the trick. Don't know why this is, but it is!