HTC desire is very quiet

Last Updated:

1. g7akm

g7akm Member This Topic's Starter

Hi does anybody know if their is a update for the volume on the HTC desire as it is very quiet.

Advertisement
  2. rwZephyr

rwZephyr Well-Known Member

It's quite what? I haven't ever tried one and Verison is getting it in canada, Not Rogers :(

3. g7akm

The volume is very very quiet when the phone rings on full volume in the settings menu.

DAVE G7AKM.

4. davethepitch

davethepitch Member

Mine was at first but for some reason it went fine

Dave M0DPP

5. g7akm

Hi ok dave i'll have to wait and see if it improves only had it for 6 days thanks.

DAVE G7AKM.

6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

You should have a hard of hearing option in Settings > Call > Hearing aids. Also if the phone is moving it will be quieter unless you turn off Settings > Sound & display > Quiet ring on pickup.

7. g7akm

Hi phone is HTC DESIRE.

DAVE G7AKM.

8. WallaceTech

WallaceTech Member

My Desire is great......apart from when i have my headphones in. Its driving me mad as i want it just a tad louder

9. G3SNA

G3SNA Member

Hi Dave,

Do make sure that you untick 'Quiet on move' default option as bluenova suggests. Set the ring tone level with the side rocker to max. Try the basic ringtones like Old Phone.

73 Stuart G3SNA

10. g7akm

Hi
    Do make sure that you untick 'Quiet on move' default option as bluenova suggests. Set the ring tone level with the side rocker to max. Try the basic ringtones like Old Phone.

Done all what you said above stuart but still not loud enough. ?

DAVE G7AKM.

11. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

Get a hearing aid.

12. TEK-WARRIOR

TEK-WARRIOR Member

Dave G7AKM, how loud do you want it to be? after looking at your QRZ.COM profile are you working all your radio's while your DESIRE is ringing? if so then you wont hear it because all radio ops have a thing about having everything turned up to 10 " so they wont miss anything".:rolleyes:
    My desire is very loud on ringing, try listening to your phone when your not wearing "cans" and if you still find it quiet then take it back to wherever you got it and see if they can sort it for you.:cool:

13. berty

berty New Member

I agree. this isn't about wanting really loud music, this is about being able to hear it when out and about. I take the tube to work and can barely hear the music, and if listening to a podcast or anything spoken it is nigh on impossible.

I am using

14. teapot

teapot Member

Are enough people reporting this to HTC or just chatting about it on forums?

15. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member

How do i report this to HTC? Listening to the FM radio or music is really bad on this handset. At max volume its just so low and much lower than any other device i have used. Ringtones etc from the speaker is also much too low.

16. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

You can report it to HTC if you want but at the end of the day it's primarily a mobile phone...not a media player.
    I have no complaints about the vol level of ringtones or alerts on mine.
    All mobile phones are a compromise between features and physical size and space must be limited to fit a decent-sized speaker.

17. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member

Well yours must not have the same problems as mine. And what about the very low sound over headphones?

18. jauhari

jauhari Well-Known Member

Let's me check on me...

19. DavidDB

DavidDB New Member

Well I have waited 12 months until I thought Android and the phones to run it had converged into the brilliant point it is now, Android and HTC have significantly changed the way we think about mobile devices.

Imagine my disappointment then when I finally took delivery. The absolutely dire ringer volume. Its NOT Fit for Purpose!!!! (I can only consider using two or three, the rest only my dog can hear).

Look guys - joking around telling people to go to a quiet environment or worse BUY A HEARING AID is just insulting -

Nine million people in the UK (15% of the population) suffer from permanent, disabling hearing loss.

The estimated demographic figure has ranged from 22 million deaf and hard of hearing to as high as 36 million deaf and hard of hearing worldwide. Of these, only a few million are considered "deaf" and the remainder are hard of hearing but cannot use a phone.

For 30 years this huge group of customers have had a raw deal Paying out for Unused "Call Time" they cannot or simply find too frustrating to rely on and are sick of it - NOW HTC are giving us phones we cannot hear ringing or notifications.

Boy am I pissed I just signed a 2 year contract. :mad:

I have a

20. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

Where are you using the phone? I can hear mine ringing easily enough even in a busy/noisy pub with the phone in my pocket.

21. mattbeef

mattbeef Member

22. anrusri

anrusri New Member

I am disappointed with this too.
    Apart from the quiet ring-tones, when I connect to external speakers the output level is very low, with lots of noise. In the car I need the volume turned to max, and at home on the sterio I need it turned above the setting I would use for the turntable.
    The output seem to be at least 10 - 20 dB down on normal output levels for other devices.

23. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

I posted this in another thread but I was called a liar with hearing problems who didn't understand how sound levels worked.
    :rolleyes:

24. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Many issues for low volume using headphones / cables etc is due to teh recessed 3.5 mm jack socket. It prevents some 3.5mm Jacks getting a proper contact, resulting in low volume. Some headphones and cables are loud. Others not.

25. puppy

puppy Well-Known Member

Get poweramp from the market, use the "phone speaker (loud)" preset option, then go into the graphic equaliser and whack the volume up to max and tell me if you are happy;)