HTC Desire just shuts down! HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. Insomniac KiIIa

Insomniac KiIIa New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey i had my desire for a couple months now and had a few problems, the phone is top notch but every now and then it will just shut down and then will take bout half hour to get back on as when turn on it shuts down again and again.

It mainly happens when running apps and internet, say i got internet n fb running then i start typing a text it will shut down for no reason i havnt a clue why this is happening.

Getting so frustrating as i love the phone but i cant deal with it.

Also why cant i browse the main browser using my 3g connection only with wi-fi but i can use opera mini using 3g ? thanks alot !

Advertisement
  2. Insomniac KiIIa

anyone help plz

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

Have you debranded your phone or rooted it at all?

4. Insomniac KiIIa

hey am afraid i dont know wa that means sorry

5. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

In that case i am guessing you haven't done either, so that rules out any of those causing the problems.
    1) try shutting down the phone & remove the battery, check your sd card
    & sim card are seated correctly & replace the battery & turn the phone
    on.
    If this doesn't cure the problem try the next thing.
    2) do a factory reset, be aware this will lose all your apps & settings unless
    you use a back up app.

6. Frank_Toronto

Frank_Toronto Well-Known Member

Mine is doing this right out of the box. All of 2 days old. Shuts down randomly in any application including phone calls :(

Tried out the suggestions provided here but nothing has worked. Returning it tomorrow.

7. aspdaspn

aspdaspn New Member

I found the same problem after upgrade 2.1 ---> 2.2. Phone was not rooted. I see that if battery is yellow, the phone could reset itself under heavy load. This never happens with my device under Android 2.1 version and with Android 2.2 in case the battery is full. After a self reset a phone could boot successfully or not depending on a battery state. The lower battery is - the smaller chance to boot. In case the battery is red, my phone never boot, It goes to constant loop with self reset after 3 seconds.
    I opened a case in HTC, will post here what they replied

8. kailey47

kailey47 New Member

This is the exact same problem with my phone, though I am still on 2.1 update 1. It started about a month ago for me, and I find the battery level doesn't seem to affect mine. It was full this morning and still took over an hour to finally reboot. I find the only way to get it to reboot is to take out the battery and put it back in, but it doesn't always work either.

This is driving me insane as I absolutely love this phone, but I can't have a phone that is so unreliable. Look forward to hearing an answer aspdaspn...

Cheers
    Ree

9. scooby_r

scooby_r Well-Known Member

It's a hardware issue. Send it back to HTC to have the motherboard replaced.

10. picanha

picanha New Member

My Desire overheats and reboots! A LOT, I MEAN, A LOOOTTT HAVE SENT IT BACK, htc changes the motherboard, it works for a while and then, that's it, SELF REBOOTING AGAIN.

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A HTC CUSTOMER, NOT ANYMORE.

They could at least say something or remove these f***up phones out of the market