HTC Desire massive problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Aggrosteck

Aggrosteck New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 30, 2010
    Hey guys, I got myself a HTC Desire for about a month or two ago, and it has been running excellent for that time, thus recently a freaky series of errors have been occuring and I cannot seem to find any solution;

The touch input on my keyboard, when writing in texts or other fields does not work. Whenever i push a key the phone vibrates slightly as usual and shows the letter, just as usual. Although no letter appears in the text field. This happens almost constantly and can be settled with a reboot, but the issue will return after a few minutes.

Same goes for pressing certain buttons, such as contacts and "call" etc, the cellphone simply does not do the action I wish it to do, even though it acts as it just recieved a command.

That is not all, in general it has become extremely sluggish at times and I find random programs to crash little now and then. My internet connection has become mordbidly slow, even though I am connected to wi-fi and still have data trafic available, but that is only in some applications. My internet browser can be working, whilst my android market says that I have no connection at all.

The 2.2 update does not install, even after that window pops up and I agree to install.

... And I have downloaded anti-virus apps and scanned, nothing. I have only downloaded apps from android market, and I had done no strange things with the phone overall as far as I can recall when these problems started (1-3 days ago)

Please, do help. I'd prefer avoiding a factory reset.

2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010

Try turning off the phone remove the battery & remove your sd card copy contents of the sd card to your pc, either by card reader or replacing back in your phone along with battery & then turn the phone on.
    Once you have copied the contents to your pc format the card & copy contents back, now try your phone.
    If that hasn't worked remove the apps installed on your phone in the last 4 days.
    If that don't work then its factory reset i am afraid or maybe even a fault with the phone.