• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire & Mercedes Media Interface

C

ctafield

Has anyone hooked up a Desire (or any android phone for that matter) to their Mercedes via the Media Interface? In particular the USB connection? I can't for the life of me get the merc to recognise my phone as a USB device... Just keeps saying unrecognised device.

My card was firstly formatted as RAW, so I changed it over to FAT32 but still no joy. Also set the phone to auto mount as drive letter when connected, but still no luck.

I have tried a regular USB stick and that does work, but obviously not what I want!

I'd rather avoid using the Aux in as that obviously doesn't charge or give track names etc... But thats looking like what I will have to use :(

Any help much appreciated, thanks :)

Yeah, I had set it to disk mode... Both by setting that as the default, and also by changing it to disk mode (via the notification area), but alas no joy either way.

Also tried enabling debug mode to see if that made a difference but it didn't.

I did manage to get Aux in working in the end though which was a noob mistake on my part :) That'll have to do for now unfortunately, unless anyone knows a work around? Just a shame though as you lose the ability to control which music track plays from the car's controls :(

Apparently you can enable bluetooth audio via some secret menus in the Mercedes COMAND system, so maybe I will give that a go too.

Upvote 0
I found my way into the service menus, but couldn't seem to enable bluetooth audio. After reading up more about it anyway i don't think i would have been that much better off as you still have to select tracks via the phone itself - so i gave up and just use Aux in now.

I got no where with USB mode unfortunately :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones