HTC Desire - Messages Keeps Crashing help!Support

Last Updated:

1. turner2000

turner2000 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Just got my new HTC Desire and it has crashed twice now on my text messages screen losing all my conversations with people.

Basically, it comes up with an error message and I have to force a shutdown. Is there something I can do about this?

Is this a general fault?

Thanks for any help or advice offered.

Rob

Advertisement
  2. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

hmm.. this is the default sms app? Never had a single crash on my desire. Have you installed other apps that could be conflicting? Alternative SMS managers etc?

3. jgdr20

jgdr20 New Member

I have the same problem, even with the stock Desire. Do you get a force close message on com.HTC.bg (or similar) when you turn on your phone?

4. lambrini66

lambrini66 New Member

Happens to me too

5. beyond

beyond Well-Known Member

yup has happened to me on more than a few occasions. usually only when sending group messages but it has happened on the odd text.

i've just been careful by making sure i give the app (i switched to handcent and it's still the same btw) a lot of time to 'process' the messages in a group text i.e not pressing back/homescreen straight away etc. also i use a backup sms schedule everyday.

probably the most problematic thing on my phone argh.

6. jane0207

jane0207 New Member

it happens to me nearly every day, drives me insane!

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Have you installed a task killer?

8. rikkebrandt

rikkebrandt New Member

I have the same problem, as has my sister (who dies a little every time, and wants to go back to her old phone NOW if it does not get fixed)

Would a task killer affect my messaging?
    I read on a Danish site that factory resetting the phone will help - but that screws with your contact information, so should not be done unless you have all your contacts on google contacts and fully synchronised to your gmail... I am not that couragous unless I see it working properly.

There is a mention of a backupp app .. what is it called .. and does it work properly?

9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Yes, unless you whitelisted messaging apps and core processes, the task killer will be making things unstable.

10. jaspabt1

jaspabt1 Well-Known Member

i have had this issue a couple of times in the past few weeks. Force closes and then wipes all of my message conversations. I have a basic taskkiller which is manual(so doesnt close anything auto, i have to do it myself) and have had this since i got the phone so something else is causing the problem. Does the desire have a crash log or anything that I can send to HTC to ge it looked at?

11. braftery

braftery New Member

Hi there same problem as the rest of you .. happened while deleting a message thread. app stuck in processing .. running app killer in manual.

have just tried turning the phone on and off .. and app still stuck .. help !!

12. gauravbhatt16

gauravbhatt16 New Member

Guys,

First, clean your mobile by saving the pics/videos onto your harddrives.

Second, goto the Widget section and add the message widget on one of the screens... Now go to that widget and access your messages easily...

When I did the above two things, the message application stopped popping up the dialog box as "Force Close...."

Try this and let me know if this works for you guys too...

Thanks,
    Gaurav Bhatt

13. deej78

deej78 New Member

Happens with mine too. I get a text message sound. Grab the phone and there is no notification. Tap into messages, nothing new, app crashes. Restart phone, no new message. ****ing ridiculous. I have to text people on a regular basis and ask them if they sent a message just now. Lets just say it's a pain in the ass when you are arranging to meet someone and need to know what they are doing. Or someone asks a question that never gets answered.