• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire music player poblems, and more...

colin182

Lurker
Nov 24, 2010
Hi all,

First post for me. I'm from the UK, on the Orange network. A complete novice to all things Andriod, as in, I wouldn't know where to start if I wanted to customise my phone.

I have two main problems. My music player is all over the place. Albums only play in alphabetical order, other songs from other albums appear in the middle of some albums, album art is all over the place and ends of attached to the wrongs songs completely. I have tried several times removing albums and re-sinstalling them (this is as far as my technical ability goes) still with no joy.

Could there be a reason why this is happening?

Also, since upgrading to 2.2 the phone has so many glitches. SMS message problems, shuts down a lot, battery life is even worse (which I didnt think possible).

I was delighted with this phone when I got it 6 months ago, now it's starting to annoy me too much!

Any help greatly appreciated...

Colin

Sounds like your tags might not be set correctly.

You could either make sure that they are all tagged properly using something like MP3Tag on your PC and re-transfer them to the device, or get a Music app that handles folders rather than just tags.

PowerAmp springs to mind..it is what I use and handles both tags and folders.

MortPlayer Music was designed specifically for people that just want folder structures to their files.

Could help

Upvote 0
Thanks to both of you.

Pure, I did think about installing a different player on the phone, but was concerned it would do the same thing.... And as I type this, searching to PowerAmp on the apps store keeps making the phone crash...

Now, where did I put that Nokia 3210......

Edit: Pure, that's a great shout, installed and seems pefrect :) Thanks. Will upgrade to the full version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones