HTC Desire no voice mail notification on provider O2Support

Last Updated:

1. ZanbarBone

ZanbarBone New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Androidians,

I'm new to these forums as i'm very new to using an HTC Desire Android phone. As a previous iPhone owner I was a little nervous to port over but, i've been extremely pleased with my new android handset and OS. However one thing has been driving me crazy. The other day i decided to ring my voice mail and found that I had 3 missed voice mails. No where on the home screen of my phone or settings screens or anywhere else I looked on my phone was I notified of my Voice Mails. I rely quite heavily on accessing my Voice mails as the building I work in has terrible reception. In the past using my iPhone I could enter an area of the building that had better reception and the notification would arrive. I need this functionality, especially as at the moment I'm trying to get a new job, I'd be a little upset if I were to miss a golden opportunity due to no voice mail notification. I tried a few tests with my handset to make sure I wasn't loosing the plot and sure enough I do not receive any notification for my missed calls or as I mentioned earlier no reception problem straight to voice mail. The idea of having to phone 901 every time i need to check my voice mails seems a little absurd, this is 2010 surely as it is primarily first and foremost a phone I would suspect that you would be able to have this functionality. I've searched the net and there's not much talk on how to fix this problem. Sure there's talk on use an App but I'd like that as my last resort really.
    This may or may not have been mentioned on these forums, I have done a search before hand and results were blank so I apologise if this has been covered. Please Please Please any one here with infinite wisdom on this matter would be a breath of fresh air.
    Thank you for your time People
    ZanbarBone

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

When I had the o2 branded ROM and used the o2 voicemail service, it worked fine.

In fact, I have just re-enabled it to test and it works fine. It seems to come as an SMS though.

You obviously have an issue. Have you spoken to o2?

3. ZanbarBone

ZanbarBone New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank YOU for your prompt response Danfrance.

First of all I will say it's nice to know that we have such nice people on here giving prompt responses like this thankyou

Secondly I will say i'm an idiot. I decided to phone 901 and then press * key, I then entered the notifications area, it seems that the voicemail symbol was not set up. After setting up, this functionality now works. I've never had to do this before for one of my phones but I will not try to make excuses i'm just stupid.

Anyway above all else I'll be poking my head in here more often as it seems like a good forums Cheers Androidians:D

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Glad it is sorted.

I moved this to the wrong sub forum. Schoolboy error. Moving (again) to the Support and troubleshooting.

Oh and you're not an idiot. ..and it always helps if someone can confirm it works for them, then at least you know your not aimlessly looking for something you dont even know exists.