HTC Desire - Not booting

1. Joner

Joner Member

Hi,

I have a Desire on Orange and yesterday it decided to reboot its self and then get stuck on the white htc screen, I have not been able to get past this screen since. I recently upgraded to Froyo so I'm not sure if this has something to do with it? Also I would often get stuck in a boot loop before and after the upgrade.

I have looked at rooting it, but I understand you need a goldcard? which I cannot make because I cannot get on the phone.... Is there anyway I can flash it without a goldcard?

I have tried to do a hard reset but this didnt help it is still the same, I also try to get to recovery but the phone just resets.

I would normally take it to an Orange shop and ask them to get it repaired but I cant do this as I replaced the screen a few months back and had to take of the void stickers to get to it.

I think I'm pretty much screwed and stuck in a contract with no phone :(

Any help or ideas on how I could fix this would be very much appriciated, at the moment I am completely lost!

Android Version:Froyo 2.2
    Network:Orange Uk
    Taskiller Used?:No
    [Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: No
    Issue:Boot/Cannot access phone

Cheers :)

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Unfortunately the Orange RUU is not available, so you can only really fix it with a generic RUU and goldcard.

the RUU's are "Rom Upgrade Utilities". You connect your phone via usb to the PC at the fastboot screen and run the RUU from the PC. If you use a generic one, with a newer bootloader, this will debrand your phone - no more orange crap.

Buy yourself a cheap card reader and create a goldcard. Its worth it to get your phone fixed.
    Joner likes this.
  3. Joner

Joner Member

Hi danfrance,

Thanks for your reply buddy, do I need to access the phone to create a goldcard or can I just follow a guide and use my pc?

Thanks again for the help its much appreciated!
  4. SUroot

5. Joner

Joner Member

Thanks for that, I'll give it go later and hopefully I can get my phone back!
  6. SUroot

Best of luck
  7. Joner

Joner Member

Tried to create a goldcard last night but I think I need USB Debugging mode set on my phone??? So it didn't work... :( I guess the only thing I can do is repair but my warranty is void so that might be a problem! Thanks for the help though
  8. SUroot

I thought you were going to get a card reader? I don't understand.
  9. Joner

Joner Member

My laptop already has a card reader so I put my sc card in there and ran the goldcard tool and when I clicked get CID it failed, so I had a look around on some guides and assumed this must of been because the debugging mode was not set on the phone? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I just assumed I could follow a guide and it would work?
  10. SUroot

11. Joner

Joner Member

Yeah that does make sense, I will try again tonight, once again thanks for the info appreciate it!
  12. SUroot

No problems. Let us know how you get on :)