• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire not letting me view new pictures or text . . .

Tess917

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
Android Version: 2.2
Network: T-mobile (UK)
Taskiller Used?: Yeah
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: I don't know what this means . . .
Issue:

Please excuse the length of this post - I have no clue what's going on with my phone. So I going to just say what's been happening.

Yesterday I took 3 or 4 pictures - I tried to upload one to facebook and it wouldn't let me (can't remember what it said - I was doing two things at once) I put it in my pocket for a minute and the next time I tried to look at it, it wouldn't unlock or turn on/off. I couldn't get it to do anything - I knew there was juice in the battery so I couldn't figure it out. So, I took the back off, removed the battery and made sure the sim was in properley, put it back together and turned it on.

It worked fine but when I went to check the photo's I'd taken, they came up as a black screen with a little white outline of what looks like a little landscape pic with an exclamation point on it.

My older photos, videos and music are all fine. I deleted the pics and figured maybe it was me taking the battery out or something.

Today the same thing happened, took pics at lunch, the phone crashed a few hours later so I took the battery out and when I viewed the pics from earlier, they were the same black screen with white outline. I've taken pictures since then and the camera is working ok.

I scanned my phone with malwarebytes through my laptop and that didn't come up with anything. None of my friends are on the same network and their phones are all locked so I can't tell if it's my phone, my sim, my memory card or something else.

I was thinking it was maybe a memory thing, so I've taken some photos off and that's not changed anything. I tried to delete some texts (my boyfriend have exchanged 4432 or something and I was thinking that might be doing something dodgy) except when I tried, it stalls and comes up with a force close message . . . now I can recieve texts but I can't send them. It comes up with force close again (Application Messages (in process com.android.mms) is not responding) I don't know if this is a related issue to something seperate though

I'm considering trying some sort of factory reset thing - don't know if it's possible though. And I don't really want to loose everything.

Wondering if anyone's got any ideas?? *Crosses fingers*

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones