HTC Desire not syncing anymore

Last Updated:

1. Mercifull

Mercifull Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have had my HTC desire for a few weeks now and its been fine until today.

Today finally my contract updated so I turned on 3G while I was at work. I could access the internet but oddly my inbox would not sync new emails.

I am using google apps for your domain.

I thought nothing of it at the time as I was working but I am now at home connected via wifi and its still not updating the inbox. I can send emails fine and I can add/remove stuff from my calendar but new emails do not show up. Oddly I can delete stuff on my phone and it updates online, its just new emails which are not showing.

When I sync it does it very quickly and shows as successful but it still doesn't display any new emails.

Tried turning mobile internet (3g) off and on again, tried turning wifi on and off again too and no luck. Also turned off and rebooted the phone twice.

It was working fine this morning when I left for work so i'm sure it had something to do with the switching from wifi/3G but ive no idea how or why.

Please help.

Advertisement
  2. Mercifull

Mercifull Member This Topic's Starter

I have also changed my inbox from last 7 days to last 3 days but old emails are still appearing. :(

3. doepie

doepie Member

I have the same problem when switching from wifi to mobile internet. For the moment I do the following to get it to sync again:

Mail > Menu > More > Settings > Account Settings > Save

I know this is weird, but it works. No idea why this is happening.

BTW, this topic is also being discussed here...

4. doepie

doepie Member

UPDATE: This problem appears to be related to my Billion Router. If I use my Linksys Router I have no issue...