• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire or HTC Desire HD

tghan89

Lurker
Aug 28, 2010
I have not buy any of these 2 phones yet , actually i really love the specs and the design of HTC Desire ..

However after that i heard Desire HD is coming out soon ! I feel as if , if i buy desire now , then this desire hd come later will cause my Desire to be so outdated~
I'm not so sure whether that is the phone for me or not .. so should i wait for the Desire HD or just get the Desire now

Just because the Desire HD had 'Desire' in its name, it's still a different phone, like the HD2 or Legend are different. Just pick the design you want. If you need a 4"+ screen, then wait for the HD.

Also, bear in mind HTC are probably already working on a phone to replace to HD, so it'll be superceded (albeit behind closed doors for a while) even before you get the HD.

Upvote 0
Virtually the same specs, processor same as desire. Has 8mp camera and bigger screen possibly tv out and runs froyo.

Does not sound as if the desire will be outdated that much by the hd.

New android phones come out virtually every month so don't get caught up in the what's round the corner debate. Saying all that, I would myself hold out for the hd if I was in the market for a new phone only because I would use tv out as I teach and that would be useful for me.

Upvote 0
These days everyone's pushing out devices in less than 6 months after their previously released device, that's what RIM does- refresh refresh refresh every half a year then EOL'ing the last device. It's getting very annoying.

The EVO 4G is already out, which is what the Desire HD seems to be.

Upvote 0
These days everyone's pushing out devices in less than 6 months after their previously released device, that's what RIM does- refresh refresh refresh every half a year then EOL'ing the last device. It's getting very annoying.

The EVO 4G is already out, which is what the Desire HD seems to be.

for my place in malaysia , we can't use the Evo 4G
and yes i really agree with the fact that phones keep coming out and out every half a year, and sometimes even faster..

maybe they should come out like apple , maybe once every one or two years..so at least users get the chance to breath

and phones from my place is not cheap compare to you guys

Upvote 0
I too am waitin for desire HD, its has a bigger screen and better camera, i understand we shud hav a separate camera from the phone but as i currently own a N95 8Gb which has a 5mp camera i thot i would upgrade to 8mp mobile phone with touch screen and the bigger screen would help alot in many ways! :)

Just want to keep up to date for when the desire hd will b released(fingers crossed):)

Upvote 0
5Mp to 8Mp is not an upgrade in itself (I'd fully expect a 5Mp nokia camera to be better than that on the DHD and guarantee my 6mp nikon would blow either away!), and I'd consider a bigger phone to be a disadvantage.

Point being that the importance of specs depends on what you need from it, and you're not really going to know how good it is until you can get your hands on it (or at least see a review!). So what do you want?

Upvote 0
im new to the desire, but i tried out the samsung wave a few weeks back before sending back for the desire... i know its a compleatly diffrent phone but this might be applicable to some extent... the wave had a 5 megapixel cammera and was able to record in hd so i cant see why having a 8 mageapixel cammera would be such an advantage?? also i recordied a 47 min clip in hd on it and that took up 3.7 gig on the sd card. unless you have a massive sd card and really need to make hd recordings then i would think the normal high quality from the desire would be good enough for all. the clips i uploaded to youtube from the desire were great....
but i do agree about the quility of the loud speaker being not that good for such a great phone

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong here because I love my desire, however lg will be releasing a phone in November which is duel core with dedicated gpu. Supposedly capable of 1080p video, might be worth waiting for more details before rushing a purchase at this time.

Sound brilliant the lg, it will be android. Optimus range with tegra 2 technology.

I'd be tempted although I have no experience of lg phones.

Upvote 0
The refresh rate of technologies is so irritating; it's a big plus for Apple to be honest; we all know they will release new devices once a year and pretty much on the same date each year too.

I wouldn't mind seeing others adopt this approach. It'll be 2012 before I change handsets, which does make you wonder what kind of uber-devices will be in the shops by then !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones