Htc desire, please help!

Last Updated:

1. sarf

sarf Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am based in Kuwait and ordered the HTC Desire phone online from Expansys, UK. It was all working fine till I got the FOTA update for the phone. I updated the phone to:

Firmware: 2.1 -update1
    Build: 1.21.405.2 CL174215

Since the update whenever anyone calls me, they get the phone switched off. I can make calls do everything else except receive calls. I called up HTC Support, Kuwait and they said that the ROM version for Kuwait is different. This was a birthday gift & its an amazing phone. Can someone please help me? I am really desperate..

Regards

Sarf

Advertisement
  2. sarf

Hi,

Just to add in here, When I switch the phone to GSM only, I am able to receive calls but then my phone does not connect on HSDPA. I checked with the telecom, they came over personally & said that its all fine with their network. I switched the SIM & in the other phone the SIM works fine.

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

It seems like there are quite a few people getting problems from the 1.21.405.2 update most seem to be coming from wifi not working, now seeing you having this problem suggests the update may not be a very good update to allow to the phone. Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if that will get it working properly?

4. sarf

I have tried the soft & the hard reset both but its still giving me the same problem. I am in Kuwait, had ordered the phone from expansys, UK. Now Kuwait HTC support says that the phone is out of region and they cant help me. I might send the unit back to UK.

5. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Try flashing back to the wwe 1.15 rom according to xda developers its all the same rom just different language pack for the various areas, you will probably find this rom will clear your problem.