HTC Desire - predictive text input issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. eric_c

eric_c Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Desire on Telus. I am experiencing an issue that happened once before and went away on its own. Now it's back, and is getting a bit annoying. The predictive text would always show appropriate and saved word choices, now it's showing my predictive choices as French words. All my saved words are gone. I have to watch everything I put in, as now some letters have French accents, or simple words are French. I called HTC support and they don't know what's going on. They figure it's being caused by an installed app. Handcent SMS is the one I use the most, so I see this problem when I use this app, however I have the same issue with composing email as well. The default input language is set to English on the phone. Anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Menu>Settings>Launguage and Keyboard

What language and keyboard are selected?

3. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Also, what are the language settings for handcent?

4. eric_c

eric_c Member This Topic's Starter

English language and keyboard. I looked at the Handcent language settings, French was disabled. I have just changed to default/autodetect. Will see what happens. I had not changed anything so really don't know why this happened. Like I said, it happened before then went away on its own. It sure made for some very interesting text messages on New Year's Eve...

5. seesaw

seesaw Member

Has anyone had an issue where the cursor jumps back randomly sometimes after selecting a word from the predictive list?

6. dangerousangel

dangerousangel New Member

Have you resolved this yet. I figured out how to do it so if you still need, let me know.

Thanks

7. seesaw

seesaw Member

Do you mean the original problem, or the one I mentioned?