HTC Desire Rooted SMS text info

Last Updated:

1. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just thought that I should share some data on SMS troubles post Root.
    Now I didn't get issues on my original root proses but it reared its ugly head on a test rom after a clean root and use. After I did a ROM update with Rom Manager I soon discovered that I had lost my Txt/SMS/MMS ability. Not knowing any better I re flashed my test ROM, reinstalled my original Nanded backup etc did it with ROM manager and via recovery menu. All of these attempts left me in the same situation, No dam SMS connection. Did a ton of Googling and found only hints of a solution. Finally scored with my own RnD work. Seems SMS and MMS are apn connected (Im currently with Telus) I noticed my APN info was different from what others had posted online. Trolled around and filtered out those that looked the same and then input this info into androids APN manager.
    Simple answer to a TXT/SMS issue could be the same for you, so try looking very closely at your APN settings. Record this data on paper pre flashing back it up save it.
    For those on Telus there is only APN connection in my manager and all is A O K. :)

APN data for Telus
    NAME: Telus SP
    APN: sp.telus.com
    PROXY: 74.49.0.18
    PORT: 80
    USERNAME: empty
    PASSWORD: empty
    SERVER: empty
    MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
    MMS PROXY: 74.49.0.18
    MMS PORT: 80
    MMS PROTOCOL: wap 2.0
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 220
    AUTHENTICATION TYPE: empty
    APN TYPE: empty

Here's hoping this can save some lost soul the headaches I went through.

Advertisement