HTC Desire Rooting 2.2 with 0.93 Bootloader?

Last Updated:

1. sam9s

sam9s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I just updated 2.2 OTA and now was searching to root it, but all guides discussed here are for Bootloader 0.80 (which was when I had 2.1) , can anyone point me in the direction to Root 2.2 with Bootloader 0.93???

Thanks in advance ...

Regards
    Sammy

Advertisement
  2. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

3. sam9s

Ok so now I know stock 2.2 can not be rooted yet ....... and frankly I am pretty satisfied AFA performance of 2.2 goes, I am also bit ok with not rooting, except a few things, which if anybody can suggest an alternative, I would be obliged ...

1. Titanium back up ::: This works only with root access, and all the applications I had have taken backup is by Titanium. Even if I do not root at present I still want my apps and settings back, and I cant do that ......... any way out

2. Any way to have full market access without rooting .....

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Unfortunately not for question 1. Also i THINK not for 2, but cannot be certain.

5. sam9s

^^ Thanks Dan ....... mmm seems I am stuck .... any news of when 2.2 can be rooted, I am sure developers must be working on that ..... God please I dont want to roll back .....

6. ongpangtau

ongpangtau New Member

Hi, I am new in Android world and I got my HTC Desire yesterday only and noticed it is a new bootloader 0.93. I was wondering about is there any senior can share the "rooting tutorial" base on this new bootloader? Thank you in advance. :)

7. alsiet

alsiet New Member

any updates on this>? i have 2.2 and just upgraded the s/w. 2.2405.5 . bootloader is 0.93 and it seems I cannot root either. has anyone got any solution?
    thanks in advance
    alan

8. PCNutt3r

PCNutt3r Active Member

Im on 2.2 with
    HBOOT-0.93.0001 and s/w 2.29.405.5

I rooted mine yesterday using the unrevoked method and all went fine.

Hadron likes this.
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Solution to what? This is an old thread before 2.2 had been rooted. 2.2 has been rooted for ages. No problem with 2.2 and certainly no problem with hboot 0.93. The guides refered to by the OP are old style rooting guides. Please read the rooting FAQ in the sticky at the top of this forum / in my sig.