Support HTC Desire S Android 2.3.5 turn off problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Montresor, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Montresor

Montresor New Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Hello.

I have an HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.5, HTC Sense 3.0, Kernel version 2.6.35.10-g9ac6c7a, Build number 2.10.401.8 CL156318 release-keys.

Recently, I have had a problem with turning the phone off: when i hold the turn off key, no matter for how long, the screen only locks and i don't get to the turn off menu.

I have googled this problem and found out that it is a known bug soluble by playing with Fast boot in Power options and Use secure credentials in Security options (that means, unticking and ticking it again and so on). For a few times, this worked for me.

However, now the option "Use secure credentials" is greyed, ticked and unable to untick, so this problem lasts. I have tried to take the battery out for several times and it didn't help. I did not try a factory reset, but I really am not into it and allegedly it does not help anyway...

Thanks for any help...

Advertisement

2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants
    VIP Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Moved to the HTC Desire S forum so someone with your device should be able to help you a bit better. Drop me a PM if you have any objections. :)

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants
    VIP Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Ok, As a follow up, can you post a link to where you found your information so I can have a look at it?

4. Montresor

Montresor New Member

Apr 10, 2012
Tags: