HTC Desire S Android 2.3.5 turn off problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Montresor

Montresor New Member

Hello.

I have an HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.5, HTC Sense 3.0, Kernel version 2.6.35.10-g9ac6c7a, Build number 2.10.401.8 CL156318 release-keys.

Recently, I have had a problem with turning the phone off: when i hold the turn off key, no matter for how long, the screen only locks and i don't get to the turn off menu.

I have googled this problem and found out that it is a known bug soluble by playing with Fast boot in Power options and Use secure credentials in Security options (that means, unticking and ticking it again and so on). For a few times, this worked for me.

However, now the option "Use secure credentials" is greyed, ticked and unable to untick, so this problem lasts. I have tried to take the battery out for several times and it didn't help. I did not try a factory reset, but I really am not into it and allegedly it does not help anyway...

Thanks for any help...

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Moved to the HTC Desire S forum so someone with your device should be able to help you a bit better. Drop me a PM if you have any objections. :)
  3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Ok, As a follow up, can you post a link to where you found your information so I can have a look at it?
  4. Montresor

Montresor New Member