• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC desire S stuck on boot screen

Shuffz

Lurker
Apr 27, 2012
Hello!

YES YES I KNOW THERE ARE 100000000 THREADS ABOUT THIS, BUT I STILL HAVENT FOUND THE SOLUTION!

So today I wanted to root my phone and used the htcdev website to unlock it. After that, I followed some ROM flashing tutorials step-by-step here and on other forums. But I forgot to add the rom.zip file and flash it, and now my desire wont boot properly.

The recovery menu works, the buttons work. Its got hboot 2.00.0002 and android version 2.3.5. Its S-ON.

Any help?

Hello!

YES YES I KNOW THERE ARE 100000000 THREADS ABOUT THIS, BUT I STILL HAVENT FOUND THE SOLUTION!

So today I wanted to root my phone and used the htcdev website to unlock it. After that, I followed some ROM flashing tutorials step-by-step here and on other forums. But I forgot to add the rom.zip file and flash it, and now my desire wont boot properly.

The recovery menu works, the buttons work. Its got hboot 2.00.0002 and android version 2.3.5. Its S-ON.

Any help?

Could you talk through EXACTLY what you did and what happens on screen etc, you say S-on???? You can't do an awful lot with S-on!

Upvote 0
Right I think I get you.

Have you already flashed the rom in recovery? - ie you put the .zip on the sd card and flashed it on the device?

Are you getting stuck at the htc screen when you boot?

If you have unlocked via htcdev, after flashing the rom in recovery on the device, you need to flash the boot.img from the rom package in fastboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones