• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc desire samsung mesmerize or?

fergster75

Lurker
Jan 11, 2011
i have an upgrade coming up next month and i want to get rid of my blackberry and get an android. i have us cellular and im sticking with them so i think the choice is between the desire and mesmerize. after doing a bunch of reading i was initially leaning towards the desire but now im favoring the mesmerize. does anybody have any feedback from the two for me?

also i was wondering if anyone knew of any rumors for any android phones coming to us cellular in the near future and if i should save my upgrade til then?

thanks.

I think there is a Buy One get one free for Androids in effect for US Cellular.

Tough choice between the Desire and the Mesmerize. For many months now, people debate the value of the HTC Desire vs. the Samsung Galaxy S on forums.

I tend to personally lean for the Desire due to having a more rapid update schedule. But the Mesmerize has the better screen and lots more memory to put apps. The question depends on how badly you require OS updates, if that is not so important for you, then the Mesmerize would be a better choice. The Desire is an excellent phone and HTC has faster OS updates but its shortage of internal phone memory isn't going to be fixed with a software upgrade, and Froyo doesn't completely solve that problem either.

Reactions: fergster75
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones