• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire; Should I?

cb3190

Feb 9, 2011
At the minute i have a Nokia 5800 XM, i have been reading reviews and stuff about the HTC Desire and i was wondering if it would be worth the money to get a desire over my Nokia 5800. Any advice? I know battery life is a little bit of an issue with the desire and would this be a big problem?

Upvote 0
I came from a Nokia 5800 to an HTC Desire and there really isn't any comparison. The Desire simply knocks spots off of the Nokia 5800 in all but the speaker department. Unfortunately the Desires speaker really isn't that good. So, if the speaker volume and speaker quality aren't your top priority, I'd say definitely go for the Desire.

Reactions: cb3190
Upvote 0
I came from a Nokia 5800 to an HTC Desire and there really isn't any comparison. The Desire simply knocks spots off of the Nokia 5800 in all but the speaker department. Unfortunately the Desires speaker really isn't that good. So, if the speaker volume and speaker quality aren't your top priority, I'd say definitely go for the Desire.

he speaks the truth, speaker is very trebley and washed out

Upvote 0
Thanks for that and sorry i only realised this was the wrong subforum :(. Can you tell me about the battery life of the desire, has it been a big problem for you as I am pretty happy with my 5800's battery getting one and a half - two days from it?, would the desire's last less than a day?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that and sorry i only realised this was the wrong subforum :(. Can you tell me about the battery life of the desire, has it been a big problem for you as I am pretty happy with my 5800's battery getting one and a half - two days from it?, would the desire's last less than a day?

depends on usage, before i moved to gingervillain rom i was getting 1-2 days out of a charge with moderate usage

Upvote 0
okay okay thanks. gingervillain rom??? Finally, I've heard of a few bugs like messages being deleted without a warning and also the phone rebooting randomly, has this ever happened to you or have you seen it happen before? and also does the desire 'heat-up' a lot when using it moderately as i have heard about this aswell?

Upvote 0
okay okay thanks. gingervillain rom??? Finally, I've heard of a few bugs like messages being deleted without a warning and also the phone rebooting randomly, has this ever happened to you or have you seen it happen before? and also does the desire 'heat-up' a lot when using it moderately as i have heard about this aswell?

its a rom for rooted people that want to mess about. this will not concern you for some time nor would i advise it.

ive only ever had a random reboot when ive done something stupid to the device and ive half expected it would happen.
ive never had it delete messages on me personally but a handfull of people have had wierd messaging issues however its android related and not the device itself

it gets hot as the cpu is at the bottom aswell as the lcd controller. its nothing top be concerned about but it does shock you how hot it gets at first

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones