HTC Desire SMS problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. weyland76

weyland76 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Am a brand new Android user with a HTC desire, and I love it. Never really used an iPhone so can't compare but I don't see how the experience with an iphone could be any better than Android but anyway.

I have a small but significant issue with my desire and the messaging feature.
    It often tells me I have 1 unread message in the little green buble over the widget even when there is only 1 message thread and all the messages have been read. It's driving me insane! How do I stop this happening? The only ways I have found to get rid of it is to delete every message thread i have stored or remove the widget from the home screen and then put it back again and then the bubble disappears. Not a great fix.:(

I also have Phonebook 2 installed but for some reason it doesn't pull everyone's phone numbers from my contact list? It will get their email address for instance but not recognise that they also have a mobile and home number stored too? The only way I have found to get these numbers on there is to input them manually as the copy and paste doesn't seem to work in phonebook 2. :mad:

These issues are driving me bonkers, does anyone know how to resolve them?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Lyrrad

Lyrrad Well-Known Member

Have you considered using Handcent. Its certainly better than stock message app. I have pop up set to on and handle received sms from the pop up window. Very changable app which may serve you well. It's free from marketplace.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

3. weyland76

I've got handcent, but can i keep my message icon and have it go to hancent when I tap it? Plus whenever I read a message I still have to wipe it from my notification bar also which seems pointless?

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Have you updated your phone to the latest build? I think the sms bug was fixed by it. Check in the about phone section of settings

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

if you use handcent, turn off the notifications of the default messages app.

6. weyland76

Thanks I'll try that! HTC said I have the latest build based on the serial no. of my phone.

7. Goldigger

Goldigger New Member

I have the same problem, i get a message alert on the messages icon, look in the messages and there's no unread messages. Turn the phone off and back on its gone.
    On other times i find the unread text which is from "anonymous" I can then delete this.